Episode 4: The Solway Spaceman: part 1

"Solway Spaceman!" I proclaim to Liv as she opens her door

"Solway Spaceman!" I proclaim to Liv as she opens her door. She just gives a confused look before going "what?" "You can always find something, come on" I smile and turn to go back to the TARDIS. "Wh- Doctor I've got homework!" "We have a time machine, come on!" She sighs and walks with me to the TARDIS..

"So, what are you dragging me into this time?" "For ages now THIS picture has fascinated me" I show her the picture of the Spaceman on the monitor "why?" "Well look at it, what's behind that little girl?" "I don't know??" "Well neither do I, that's why we're gonna go find out" "really?" "Oh yeah" I smile and put in the coordinates "ok 23rd of May 1964, Burgh Marsh.." I finish putting them in and pull down the lever as we wait for the TARDIS to land..

Burgh Marsh, 1964:

Me and Liv step out of the TARDIS and breathe in the warm country air before she asks me "so what are we looking for?" "Them" I say as I point at a family having a picnic, we wait for the picture to be taken and see the spaceman walking along the grass, the pair of us break into a run to follow it. The family look on in confusion as we chase the spaceman, the pursuit lasts a while but eventually, the spaceman somehow vanishes into thin air "where did it go?" I ask myself as Liv catches up, panting a little before going "who's that?" I look at where she's looking and see what seems to be a person "I dunno, take a picture of it" I say as I look away, instantly forgetting that I saw it, Liv looks at me too and just asks "take a picture of what?" I rack my brain to try and remember but I just can't.. 

After a moment I remember where she looked and look again but there's nothing, just an empty hilltop. "I'm sure it's nothing, come on" I say as we begin to walk back to the TARDIS but Liv notices something "Doctor what's that?" I look and see a tunnel entrance "shall we have a gander?" Liv nods and we take charge towards the entrance. Inside the tunnel, I use the sonic as a light as Liv uses her phones torch, "what do you think I saw?" "I don't know.. But whatever it was we both forgot that we saw it after looking away, so it must have the ability to edit itself out of someone's memory" Liv shrugs before we find a door. "Fancy a look?" Liv nods and I smirk before unlocking the door with the sonic, inside we find a room that looks like a TARDIS sort of, but all black and derelict looking "what the.." "It looks like someone's attempt at making something like a TARDIS" I just say as I walk over to the console "is it a ship?" "Not sure, I'm gonna have a look at the systems" I begin to fiddle around as Liv hears some sort of electricity outside "what was that?" I look up and see some flashes "go have a look" "why me?" "Cause I'm busy!" "Alright, you little streak" she shakes her head and walks towards it as I continue to fiddle with the different panels. After a moment I hear a shriek as Liv runs back into the room "what is it?" She looks around for a moment before scratching her head "Nothing? I'm fine" I then realise one of them is outside so I grab Livs hand before we run to another door..

As we open it and leave the room we're met with one of the creatures, a tall, slender, alien wearing a black suit "what are you?" I say as I sneakily activate the recording mode on the sonic "we are.. The Silence.." "and what are you doing here?" "We were asked to help him.." "Asked to help who?" "The Toymaker.." My eyes narrow as it says this. "What for?" "He wishes to toy with history... Enough questions, you must be stopped!" It opens it mouth and begins to charge up with electricity from the air, without hesitation I grab Livs hand and we leg it out of the tunnel, soon finding ourselves back in the field..

We pant a little before Liv asks me "what was that thing? I can't remember" "neither can I, but I activated the recording mode on the sonic, we need to get back to the TARDIS.. Come on!" I run off towards the TARDIS and Liv follows. Inside, I plug the sonic into the console and play the recording as a video "how did it do a video?" "Recording mode deploys a tiny camera into the immediate vicinity" "cool" I smile before it begins to play. After the video ends Liv just asks "so, they were enlisted by The Toymaker because he wants to mess with history, but how do we remember them?" "Ah! I've got something for this" I run off to a little chest underneath the console and grab a couple of neural-balancers, handing one to Liv "what are these?" "Neural balancers, they'll prevent the Silence creatures from editing themselves out of our memories, the sonic deducted they use electronic signals to do it and these will block those signals" "cool" Liv says with a smile as she puts it on her neck as do I..

After a few moments The Toymaker appears inside the TARDIS, I get Liv behind me as I walk up to him "what are you planning?" "Doctor, I'm sure you remember that in the 60s there was a space race between the U.S.A. and Russia" "of course I do, why?" "Well, my lovely little friends the Silence are slowly but surely influencing the inhabitants of the UK into getting into the space race, if they get ahead and land on the moon before America does in 1969, history will be in such a frenzy even you won't be able to hold it together Doctor.." "We'll see about that" he smirks before vanishing and I run over to the console....

NEXT TIME: The Silence must be stopped but how will the Doctor and Liv do it? Wait and see..