Mizu

When she puts her hand against my cheek, I can feel all my body getting warmer and warmer. I stare at her cutting my hair, and now that I see her face very closely, I can realize that she's really pretty.
I finally look at myself in the mirror and ask how the bang fits me, she answered that I was handsome. No one has ever told me that... feels great.

We look at each other a couple of minutes before I take her hand.

Me : Come on, let's take a sleep, we both need it.

I take her in direction of the bed.

Ophelia : Take the bed, I said I will sleep on the flo...

Me : I will not let you sleep on the floor. Come on, lay here, please.

Ophelia : But you're injured... come with me then.

I smile. She laughed again.

Ophelia : Haha ! Why are your cheeks so red, Mizu ?

I stay silent and lay by her side.

Me : Good night, Ophelia.

Ophelia : Good night Mizu.

I face the wall, and as I try to sleep, I can feel Ophelia getting closer to me and kindly kiss my cheek. I don't want to move or even to say anything... I think it's exactly what I needed for tonight.

The following morning, when I wake up, Ophelia's not by my side. She's not even in the room. I quickly stand up and open the door, I can perceive her on the first floor, talking to Mr Jones.

Me : Ophelia, is everything alright ? I ask.

Ophelia : Sure, come on ! Mr Jones prepared us a breakfast.

I take my hat, my glasses, put all of this on, and go downstairs.

After a great meal and a long discussion with Mr Weeler, Miss Canova and I took four guns and left the house. My enemies' names are Marcus and William Thelor, and Jack Scars. Fowler must be with them. They are put up in a huge building in the middle of the woods, with a hundred guards to defend them. To reach the woods, we will have to walk about an hour...

Me : Are you gonna make it, Ophelia ?

Ophelia : Don't worry. But this place is full of guns and impure souls, we can't beat them all alone without at least a strategy...

Me : What strategy ?! We will kill the guards at the front of the door, go inside, fight, find my enemies and kill them. That is my strategy.

Ophelia : You're gonna get us killed, you still know that ? She say a bit mad for the second time since I met her.

I stay silent. She sights.

Ophelia : Listen, when I talked to Mr Jones earlier he told me that he was working on arms which can contain 6 bullets, which means all the soldiers only have 5 in their guns. We can do something with it.

Me : Whatever.

Ophelia : Come on say something, think of a trap or I don't know !

I stop walking and look at her deep in the eyes. This conversation starts to annoy me.

Me : I've already beaten thousands of men, swords owners, guns owners, men and women, I learned to kill by myself, and you think I'm gonna listen to you just because you helped me once ?? It's my revenge, my fate. Follow me, or die alone.

Ophelia : Then I think I would prefer to die alone. Goodbye, Mizu.

She turns back and walks alone in the woods. Good for her. I start getting closer to the building, and hide behind a tree. I have to analyse the situation. We first have two soldiers blocking the path to the front door, that will be easy. But then I don't know what's next... I have no clue. Anyway I'll see there in.

I take one of the gun I stole at Mr Jones, tried to shot at one guard but failed, then quickly hide again behind the tree.

A guard : GUARDS ! Yelled ont of the two men.

The door opened, and about 50 soldiers with firearms got outside. I will not manage to beat them all, Ophelia was right. They aren't swordsmen.

Think, Mizu, think... gun owners can't handle fire... Wait why am I thinking. I just gotta kill as I always did. But I can't this time... I will need help, even if I don't want to.

That is one of my biggest problem, I always reject the help I need. I sit down, back against the big tree I'm hiding behind. It's the second time I reject Miss Canova, and the second time she was right about the situation. I always fucked up everything, and destroy everyone. Ringo probably thinks I'm dead now, I killed my own mother, my husband, Taigen spoiled his marriage because of me, I ruined lives and pure souls, including my own ones. Ophelia must think I'm a stubborn guy who used her like all men use to do with her, I'm not even a real man... I don't want to be the one who confirmed all she lived. I don't want to hurt her, don't want to let her on what I just said to her, I want her help and her presence by my side, and now all I think about her is out of my control. She seems hurts by life, by people, by her physical conditions, yet she doesn't deserve all of this. I want to meet Ophelia and forget about Miss Canova...

Tears are coming to my eyes.

Why can't I just be who I am, in a city I know, with someone I like, with family and friends, without regrets, without revenge or goals in life. With Ophelia I can laugh and talk about myself, but when she will understand that I'm not a man, will it change her point of view ? I have no right to like her this way, to feel this way or to look at her as I do.

Anyway, I wipe out the tear that felt down my cheek and stands up without anyone noticing me. I have to flee.