Fractured Bonds

Hardik made his way to the 10th Club in the city, hoping to catch sight of Jassi. However, luck seemed to elude him thus far. 

With a sigh of frustration, he gently massaged his temples, feeling the weight of disappointment settling in. 

Despite his efforts, Jassi remained invisible somewhere, leaving Hardik to think about his next move amidst the vibrant surroundings of the club. The bustling energy around him mirrored his own inner restlessness as he searched for his friend.

"Where are you Jassi?", he whispered to himself as he was not able to find him, now he was more worried about him, was he okay?, it was the only thought going on in his mind. Rohit's words of bringing him back on track was long forgotten. 

As he was entering in the 15th club, someone collided with him. 

"Careful there," Hardik cautioned as he reached out to steady the person, only to realize it was his friend, Jassi. Relief washed over him like a wave, and without a second thought, he pulled Jassi into a tight embrace. A single tear escaped Hardik's eye, seeing Jassi safe and sound. 

"Hardik", Jassi mumbled as he recognised his presence. 

Hardik broke the hug and made him sit on a bench, he made him drink water but still he was not in his senses. 

"He is leaving us Hardik, please tell him to stay", Hardik heard Jassi mumble in his intoxicated state. 

***

Shreyas sat by KL's  bed, watching his friend's restless state with a heavy heart. 

KL's face was etched with lines of pain, both physical and emotional, and Shreyas couldn't shake the feeling of helplessness and also relief as he was waking up. 

"Hey, K," Shreyas spoke softly, reaching out to gently grasp his friend's hand. "How are you feeling?"

KL stirred slightly, his brow furrowing in discomfort before he opened his eyes to meet Shreyas's gaze. There was a sadness in KL's eyes that struck Shreyas to the core.

"I'm... I'm okay," KL mumbled, his voice hoarse with emotion, he didn't feel the pain anymore. 

Before Shreyas could ask him about his pain or question his stupidity, he heard KL's quiet voice. 

"But I need to talk to you about something, Shreyas"Shreyas nodded, concern deepening as he listened to the tremor in KL's voice. 

"It's about Virat," KL began, his words hesitant as if he were afraid of what he was about to say. Shreyas was shocked because it was the first time KL was speaking about Virat bhai. 

"I don't think he cares about me anymore."Shreyas felt a pang of sadness at his friend's confession. He knew how much KL looked up to Virat, how much he valued him.

"What makes you say that?" Shreyas asked gently, urging KL to continue.

KL sighed heavily, his gaze drifting to the ceiling as if searching for the right words."It's just...," KL stopped, his voice cracking with emotion. "I feel like he doesn't love me anymore"

Shreyas's heart ached at the pain in KL's words. 

"K, I'm sure that's not true," Shreyas reassured him, squeezing his hand gently. 

"Virat bhai cares about you, about us, I know he does", But KL shook his head, tears welling up in his eyes.

"No, Shreyas, you don't understand, he doesn't care, he left me--" KL insisted, his voice breaking with raw emotion. 

Shreyas felt a lump form in his throat at KL's emotions. He couldn't bear to see his friend in so much pain, so lost and alone.

"K, please you are not in right frame of mind," Shreyas pleaded, his own voice trembling with emotion, he wanted to scream at him for being so careless, how he was laying in pool of blood but right now, he wanted KL to talk so he held himself back. 

But KL shook his head stubbornly, tears streaming down his cheeks now.

"I should have been there for him, I should have... I should have been a better-- friend," KL choked out, his words filled with self-blame and regret.

Shreyas felt his own eyes welling up with tears as he listened to KL's guilt. He wanted nothing more than to make everything right again.

***

Jaddu and Ash arrived at the hospital, greeted by the sight of Rohit anxiously sitting outside the room.

"What's going on?" they inquired, noting Rohit's face which was more tensed and worried compared to yesterday.

"They're still checking on him," Rohit replied, his voice strained with worry, to which they offered silent nods of understanding.

"Did you guys manage to reach Jassi?" Rohit asked, his concern for his kid evident in his words. He was really worried for him.

"Why would we bother with that?" Ash retorted sharply, surprising Rohit with the harshness of his tone.

"Ash?" Rohit's shock was visible.

"Look, Rohit, we understand your emotion and you really have a big heart, but we dont, right now, don't expect us to go searching for the person who put our friend in this hospital bed fighting for his life," Jaddu interjected firmly, the weight of their friend's condition hanging heavy in the air.

Together, they settled into an uneasy silence, awaiting updates on their friend's condition, the tension in the room a reflection of their uncertainty.

Rohit could not sit idle, he paced in the hospital corridor, his footsteps echoing in the emptiness around him. His mind was a whirlwind of emotions.

Virat, his best friend, lay inside that room, fighting for his life, and Rohit felt powerless to help him. 

Every beep of the machines, every hushed conversation between doctors, only served to intensify Rohit's anxiety. 

He tried to stay strong, to hold onto hope, but with each passing moment, it felt like everything was slipping through his fingers.

Memories of happier times flooded Rohit's mind—of Virat's infectious laughter, his pranks, support, his fierce determination on the field and their friendship. How could someone so full of life now be fighting for survival?

Rohit couldn't shake the feeling of guilt that was within him. He replayed every moment leading up to this point, things he could have done differently.

But the truth was, there was nothing he could do now except wait and pray.The world outside seemed to blur as Rohit's entire universe narrowed down to that hospital room. 

Nothing else mattered—not the matches to be played, not the victories to be won. 

All that mattered was Virat, lying in that bed, his life hanging in the balance. 

And as Rohit stood there, trying to fight with his own fears and doubts, he couldn't help but feel lonely. 

How could he face the world without his best friend by his side? 

How could he find the strength to carry on when everything felt so fragile and uncertain? His friends, his kid-- everything was so scattered. 

But amidst the darkness, a glimmer of hope flickered. Rohit knew that as long as there was breath in Virat's body, there was still hope

And so, with a heavy heart and tear-stained eyes, he clung to that hope, praying for a miracle to bring his best friend back to him.