𝟏𝟕| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫

Start from the beginning

My eyes slowly widen in surprise, "His name......"

"Shinazugawa," Kocho turns to me. "Ever since Master Ubuyashiki became our leader....he has memorised all the names and backgrounds of corps members who have died..."

My body froze and my blood ran cold, guilt settling deep down in my heart.

But.......even I.....can't remember the names of all the corps members I have fought with who died...

Master rose to his feet and slowly walks towards me, his child holding his hand to steady himself, "Sanemi.....all the children of the Demon Slayer Corps.....write their own will...." he carefully steps down from the verandah, as his son placed his sandals on the pebbles before sliding into them. He pulls something from his sleeve, "Strangely the contents of those wills.....are mostly similar. Masachika's was the same. I have been thinking about giving it to you."

He passed me the neatly folded will of paper, as I took it delicately. 

"Masachika thought of you.....like the younger brother he lost," He continues, while I unfold it scanning across. "He dreamed of a shining future. Just like my dream. A wish for loved ones to smile. To live happily until the day they die....and to never have their lives cruelly threatened."

Even if you can't be by their side.....we want them to live. We want them to survive.

My hand shakes as the paper crinkles in my hands stunned by this, this revelation that Masachika wasn't forgotten. Closing my eyes I inhale and exhale slowly, knowing today is the day I take the mantle of the Wind Hashira. Though this was both Kumeno and I's dream, the guilt settles in the pits of my stomach. Recalling the gory setting where he laid in my arms, drawing his last breath made me realise how precious life is. 

The meeting soon came to a close, when a dark shadow casts over. 

"Oi......you and I need to talk," A different voice spoke up, before seeing that guy again. He looks very familiar, but a shadow casts over his eyes. 

"Why should I? Huh?" I sneer quietly, when his large hand grips my shoulder firmly causing me to grimace. 

"Follow, and no questions," He sternly spoke, before dragging me without hesitation. Getting sorry looks from the other Hashira's, I wasn't sure if my life was gonna end or how this will play out. Shoving his hand off I growl under my breath, before following him somewhere secluded as if he was planning my execution. Or even a lecture.

"Where are we even goin--"

He turn around and folds his arms and held an apathetic demeanour, but his eyes bore into mine, "So......Shinazugawa, we haven't met properly," he raises a hand, with a firm tone. "The name is Ryuji, Ryuji Mizutsuki.....The Water Dragon Pillar, or Dragon for short...."

Surprised by how everything clicked, my face remains neutral and stoic.

He had short raven hair with white ombre end like Hayami's, but hers was a deep turquoise colour instead with white ends. His face worn a scar from his cheek, across his nose to below his eye, but held a pretty boy face. The way he presented himself just now was intimidating, but it didn't make me waver.

"I didn't like how you spoke to master, let alone get away with it by Master himself," His brows furrows, glowering down upon me. His tone gave it away that he wasn't pleased, "Such behaviour should be dealt with punishment--"

"Huh?! I'm not up for this right now," I bitterly growl, with zero interest waving my hand in disinterest. About to take a few steps on my way out of the Demon Slayer Corps grounds, a firm grip clamped down on my shoulder tightly. Grimacing from the strength, my head whips to see his silver eyes darken. "What the hell do you need? This is pointless..."