Chapter 7 - Friends and Foes

The horse saw McGonagall's worried expression and followed her outside, into the transfiguration classroom. "Are you Ms Black?" McGonagall repeated worriedly. The horse nodded. "Look at yourself..." McGonagall whispered. The horse looked down, and immediately turned into a human, shrieking. "Wh-wh-what... H-ho-how... Wh-wh-when... Wh-why?"  Emily stuttered. "You are a natural animagus. That's how. So I gather that you've only just known?" Emily nodded slowly, still utterly confused, as if she had been confunded. "Well, you're free to go, I will get you registered at the ministry in the summer holidays, ok?" Emily nodded again, and calmly walked out of the classroom. 

She walked into the great hall, seeing that the tables were back, and Emily immediately walked over to the hufflepuff table and went to Cedric, ignoring the death glares sent her way, "Ced, can we talk?" Cedric nodded and followed Emily out of the great hall. They walked to a deserted corridor and Emily started talking, "Look, I am sorry that I wasn't really there these past few days, there has just been so much going on, and" Emily would have rambled on, if Cedric didn't pull her into a hug, burying Emily's face in his chest. "I forgive you," he murmured. Emily pulled away and said accusingly, "Cedric Diggory. You are to hufflepuffy for your own sake!" Cedric chuckled and responded with this, "Would you rather have me ignore you?", Emily shook her head softly. "I have a few things to show you," Emily whispered, pulling Cedric to the room of requirements. When they were inside, Emily explained, "Listen Ced, I have two things to show you, first, I am a natural animagus..." Cedric looked at her excitedly, and she turned into her white and black horse, neighing happily as she saw Cedric's amazed face.

She turned back to her own self and Cedric asked, "What is the second thing?" 

"I can do the patronus charm." Emily replied.

"You can? But even I can't do it!" Cedric exclaimed.

"I'll show you. Expecto patronum!" Emily yelled as a blinding light burst out of the wand, forming into a horse, and Cedric looked at it in wonder. "I can teach you." Cedric nodded excitedly. "You need to think of a very happy memory and say, expecto patronum, got it?" Emily asked. "Yup." Cedric said, thinking very hard of the happy memory, "Expecto patronum!" Cedric shouted. A silver light wooshed out of Cedric's wand but disappeared. After 2 hours worth of trying, Cedric wanted to try one more time before going to the great hall, "Expecto patronum!" a bright silver swan swooshed out of his wand, circling the two before disappearing. Cedric engulfed Emily in a deep hug before heading out to meet with his girlfriend Cho.

Emily went to the great hall for some lunch, as she didn't have any food since yesterday. She sat down at the great hall and heard Harry, Hermione and Ron whisper something about a hippogriff named Buckbeak getting executed today. She didn't know the animal but decided to take a bit of toast and to see the poor beast. As she walked past the trio, they started taunting her, "Hey, Black! Have you helped your dad get into the castle lately?" the redhead asked, the bushy haired girl - Hermione - never bullied her, but today was an exception, she did look sad about the fact that she did it. "Did you murder anyone yet?" 

Emily ignored these snide comments and walked down towards the gamekeeper's hut. She didn't take magical creatures as Noah said that he took it and it wasn't very informative, but she still loved the magical creatures all the same. She bowed to the hippogriff, and the hippogriff bowed to her too, and she went to him and patted his head. "His name's Buckbeak. Beaky for short." Hagrid said with tears in his eyes. It wasn't hard to see that the gamekeeper loved the hippogriff a lot. "Do yer want some tea?" Hagrid asked cautiously. Emily nodded, following the big man inside. He gave her a cup of tea and explained what had happened. When he finished Hagrid burst into tears, and Emily pulled him into a hug. All of a sudden the door opened. Harry, Ron and Hermione came in, not even bothering to knock. "Are we interrupting something?" Harry asked sarcastically. Emily would have said yes, but Hagrid immediately brought Harry into a hug and cried, "You shouldn't have come!" but he gave them a cup of tea anyway. Ron looked at Emily disapprovingly but ignored her. After 10 minutes they heard people walking outside. "Quick, get out. Ye shouldn't be out of the castle, specially not you Harry..." Hagrid ushered. The 4 kids listened to Hagrid and went out of the back door.

A/N - Sorry it took so long to write this chapter, I wasn't really in the mood. Next chapter is when the action happens! :D