Had I known how to save a-"

Annie threw the phone down to the floor after hearing the song. She could hear Mikasa crying from the living room and Annie broke down again in tears. Then she heard footsteps approaching her. She looks up to see Carla looking at her. Annie walks to her and burying her face in her shoulder, crying.

"It's ok, honey. Let it out...let it out..." Carla said.

"He can't be dead...he simply can't be dead..." Annie said.

"The phase is unpredictable. It can kill in different ways...I don't even know how it killed him, your boyfriend seemed so strong and determined to be with you." Carla spoke. At that moment, all Annie could think of was the Titans...and Grisha...

"This is all Grisha Jaeger fault...I swear on Eren's death..." she started to scream. "I MAKE HIM PAY!"

"Stay calm, An-" She stopped Carla there as she pull away.

"No! He is going to pay! I'll make sure of that! I'll fight the whole Titan Gang if I have to! How could he do this to his own-" Annie didn't get to finish as Carla slapped her. Annie felt all the anger disappear at that moment and looked at Carla.

"Would Eren want you risking your life? Hm? No! He wouldn't!" Carla lectured her. "Annie, you can't do that...sorry but in my opinion, you would die before you can even take the first step! Stop thinking about this revenge crap!"

"You...can't...understand...this feeling." Annie could barely talk.

"I lost my son, Annie. He was the love of your life that you lost, but I lost the very existence of my new life, my child." Carla rubbed Annie's cheek she slapped. "All of us know what you feel since they are family."

"Carla..." It was all Annie could say before starting to cry again. She then heard Mikasa's voice.

"I'm sorry! Eren! I'm sorry! I couldn't protect you! I'm sorry!" Mikasa screamed. Annie gently pulled away and walks back to the living to see Armin, Sasha, and Mikasa standing beside the couch where Eren laid. Annie stood beside Mikasa pulled her into a hug.

//Eren POV//

"Where...where am I?" Eren asked himself as he opens his eyes. He felt he was wrapped in a blanket and looks up to see Mikasa, Armin, Sasha standing at the table eating food and talking. Armin was laughing but stopped and looked at Eren.

"Eren, finally! You're awake!" Eren saw that they were younger...little kids again.

"Armin?" Eren tried to move but felt so relaxed inside the blanket. "Where am I?"

"Home, silly. We live with your Dad, remember?" Mikasa said with a smile. She seemed cute to Eren since she was a little girl. "Remember, big brother?"

"Big...brother?" Eren looks at himself and saw that he was still his teenage self. But he shook the moment off and remembers Annie, the love of his life...he wanted to know where she was.

"Big brother, what's wrong?" Mikasa asked as she tugged at the bread Sasha was trying to eat.

"Wheres...Annie...?" Eren asked.

"Who's Annie?" Armin asked.

"My girlfriend..." Eren asked.

"What are you talking about, big brother?" Mikasa asked.

"Annie..." Eren said under his breath.

Where am I...? What is happening here...Eren thought. He pictured Annie's hair, her smile, and her eyes. Annie...huh? Wa-Wait!

Eren suddenly felt memories pouring in and remembered he died.

"This isn't...real..." Eren started to feel scared...he didn't want to die. Not yet, he wanted to be with the real Mikasa, the real Armin...the real Sasha that loves to eat! He wanted to be back and wanted to be with Annie! To tell her that he loves her and to kiss her!

"Are you leaving us, big brother?" Little Mikasa asked him and he nodded. Eren took off the blanket and like in seconds, he felt the cold sweep around him. He collapsed to the floor, shivering. But then felt a bit warmer but soon grew even warmer. He then realized it was the little Mikasa hugging him.

"M-Mikasa..." Eren said between shivers.

"Here, big brother." Mikasa took off her red scarf and wrapped it around his neck. But Eren felt his heart ache and he gasped as Mikasa legs began to fade away in a fog. "Goodbye...big brot-"

"Mikasa!" it was all Eren could say as she disappeared. Eren slowly stood up and saw little Armin and Sasha standing in front of him.

"Come on, you have to go back." Little Armin said as Sasha continue to eat her bread. Little Armin grabbed Eren's hand and started to pull him to the door. "Follow us, big brother."

"How am I suppose to get out?" Eren asked him.

"You have to let us go." Little Armin said.

"What?"

"You always trying to protect the real us from the real you, big brother." Little Sasha said. "You really believe you are a monster. But you aren't, you're our big brother."

"The real you saw what I really was, Sasha. A monster my father made." Eren said.

"No. You have Mommy's good heart." Little Sasha said.

"Mommy?" Eren was confused.

"Your Mom...our Mommy, big brother." She said. "Stop thinking that you're a monster."

Sasha was afraid of me...I became the very monster I swore I wouldn't let out again...again...again? No...I didn't become a monster to save Mikasa! I didn't feel that anger before except when Annie was in danger! That wasn't a murderous instinct...I refuse to be called a monster! I refuse! Eren thought in anger. Sasha is right...I protect my family! I'm not monster because I have a family!

"That's good enough." Little Sasha said as she disappeared. Now it was only Eren and little Armin.

"Ready to get out?" Little Armin asked.

"What do I do?" Eren asked. Little Armin simply grinned and said-

"Let out all that anger and hatred of your father."

//Annie POV//

At the moment she was hugging Mikasa as she cried. She heard cars screeching to a stop outside. She let go of Mikasa and saw two cars in front of the drive way of Carla house.

What? Annie thought as she went to the door and opened it. Only for her to be pushed to the floor by a large man.

"Everyone, on the floor NOW!" Annie heard one of the men entering shout and she realized that they are with the Titan Gang due to the ragged clothes they were wearing.

"NO!" Annie shouted as she started to punch the man who was holding her down. "Everyone FIGHT BACK!"

At that very moment, Mikasa was at full speed attacking the Titans coming in. Screaming and shouting as she knocks over every Titan in her way.

"LEAVE US ALONE!" Annie heard Christa scream. Annie managed to knock the man off her and she ran to help the others. But before she could get to them, she was hit in the back of her head and the last thing she saw was Eren's dead body resting on the couch.

"E-Er...Eren..."