Chapter 4

Zaila's POV

We decided to make stuffed chicken with mash potatoes and asparagus. It was something we both could easily make and who doesn't like chicken?! I thought about texting Kaleb to ask him if what we were making was ok but honestly they'll be fine. If anything, he'll just get super hungry and have no choice but to try to eat something else, perhaps he might want to taste something else.Nah. No way I just had that thought. I'm really losing it, I swear that night in the club has been GETTING to me. Ever since he touched me like that I have not been able to stop thinking about that man. UGH. I know we're just friends and I have this whole other thing with Ethan but I like him. I don't know what to do or how to move forward. This is making me so anxious, chile, let me just try to make it through this dinner.

As I'm taking the chicken out of the oven, I hear the doorbell ring.

Zaila: "Sia, can you get that?"

Elisia: "Yea"

I put the chicken on the counter and take off my mittens. I look towards the door to see Kaleb standing there with with flowers and Jacob next to him with  bottle of wine.

Elisia: "AWNNN, how nice is this??!!, I'm guessing this was Kaleb's idea"

Jacob: "Actually it was BOTH of our idea"

Kaleb smirks and Elisia rolls her eyes as they make their way into the house.

Jacob: "I would've got you flowers if I didn't think you would throw them away"

Elisia: "Damn right, I won't take anything from your marred hands"

I laughed and Kaleb made his way towards me. My pulse quickened AGAIN, like it does anytime he's near. I grabbed the flowers and smelled them. I thanked him and sat the flowers down, just admiring his face. He smiled and gave me a hug, reaching down to cup my ass. I wrapped my arms around him and then looked up and smiled.

Kaleb: "I missed you"

Zaila: "Rightttt"

He pinched my ass and I laughed and looked back up at him.

Zaila: "Boyyyyyy, stoppp"

Elisia: "Damnnn, can yall pause this PDA for a while so we can eat?"

Jacob: "You just mad cause you miserable and lonely"

Everybody laughed and the boys sat down while we gathered the food. As I placed the chicken on the table, I saw Jacob make a weird face. Elisia popped her neck out towards him.

Elisia: "Why you looking at the food like that"

Jacob: "It just look a little weird"

Elisia: "I mean you don't gotta eat it, you can just starve. Actually that's probably more ideal"

Jacob: "Girl, I just meant I never had it before, nobody tryna insult your cooking. I know you took allllllllll day"

Elisia: "Whatever, I can't believe you never had stuffed chicken"

Jacob stabbed the chicken and placed it on his plate and then loaded his plate with the rest of his food. He was about to bite the chicken when Elisia stopped him.

Elisia: "We gotta pray"

Jacob: "Aw, my bad"

He grabbed Elisia hand and bowed his head and Elisia was about to pull away but Jacob wouldn't let go. I grabbed Kaleb's hand and then I prayed over the food.

Jacob: "Amennnnnnn, can I eat now, MOTHER?"

Elisia just glared at him but I seen a small smile trying to escape from her lips. Jacob bit into the food and moaned. I watched Kaleb as he ate his food but he had no expression on his face.