erm melissa?!

OKAY SO. BACKSTORY. idk if i established that i dont write fanfics but i USED TO and i actually really liked the way i wrote this fanfic but it was uh. it was a patrick bateman x reader book and i have NOT finished this bitch yet but its fine so im still heavliy editing everything in this book thingy so yeah read my unedited bullshit! 

"Alright, first job. I got this."

She confidently walked through the door. The clacking of her heels against the wooden floor was the only sound to be heard in the agonizingly painful, bottomless abyss of what is an office job. She strutted through the halls, keeping her head up and her posture looking official. Her lengthful, peach hair tied back in a messy yet chic low bun. She adjusted her clear glasses that she bought from dollar general while she was also buying instant noodles and one painfully offbrand bottle of smirnoff that made her vomit turn blue! Whatever though, she still looked official. She classily walked over to the coffee and tea station. Coffee tasted like ass to Melissa. But, for officially-ness, she sucked it up and disappointedly poured herself a cup of black coffee. A co-worker of hers looked at her as he filled his own coffee.

"What?"

He looked her up and down.

"Are you... Are you drinking that straight black??" He asked

She looked confused. Glancing over to her coffee and then over to the same man. It clicked as she let out a childish "ohh" sound.

Sheepishly laughing, she began to speak.

"Oh- y-you mean my coffee? Yup! That's how I like my adult coff- I MEAN- My coffee. Sorry."

He looked at her, and raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry". She spoke. "It's my first day here, and I don't want to make a fool of myself."

The mans once confused . "I think you'll be fine. No one really cares here, anyway. Everyone kinda sucks. Just take the day easy, and be yourself. Infact, Here," He dug in his pockets. "My card. It has my number, so call if you have any questions. And my office number is on it in case you cant reach me. " He shot her a reassuring, warm smile. She took the card, and smiled back. In the midst of him laughing and her nervously smiling, they locked eyes for a brief moment before he grabbed his coffee, and walked off.

"Oh, and, you look very adulty with your adult coffee."

He laughed and continued his walk to his office, leaving her standing there with her 'adult coffee.' She looked down at the small, business card she was given. The card was a creamy off-white color, with a slight rough yet relaxing texture, and a bold Merriweather font. And his name. "Michael McDermott."

She looked over to the coffee and tea machine, thinking about what he said about everyone sucking. Who was that guy even? What if he was the most important person in the building? Or what if he was hated? What if he was a murderer? Rapist??? SEX TRAFFICKERS?????... Probably just a dude who works here trying to get some game. He was kind of cute though. Anywho, her racing thoughts of overthinking about stupid shit faded away as she was approached by another person. This time, it was a girl around her age. Before she knew it, the girl that was once a few yards away from her was right in front of her face.

"Do you drink black coffee?.." she nauseously asked.

"Um.." she answered. Both her hands on the cup stiffened as she rolled her lips into a fine line, trying to find an answer. She let out a defeated sigh. "No.. I drink sweet tea with a pound of sugar in it instead of coffee. This stupid business job makes me feel like I need to be mature all the time. I dunno what to do."

The girl was closely examining all of her face, with a concentrated, determined look. She backed away and smiled.

"You're really pretty!" she exclaimed, a sense of sincerity flowing throughout every word she articulated thus far. She was in shock slightly, surprised that she'd bring up something so totally off-topic.

"O-oh! Uhm.. thank you!"

The girl nodded and smiled. She backed away from her a little bit, holding her smile still.

The other girl took her coffee and dumped it out into the sink, grabbing her another cup and throwing away the one we previously had. She also grabbed another cup as she arched herself forward by standing as tall as she could, her flats creased as she leaned further over to fill up two glasses of tea. Sloppily She grabbed a bunch of sugar packets, ripped off the top and poured them into the 3rd, unused paper cup. Melissa stood there, confused at what was happening before her. The girl then evenly dumped the cup of sugar into each of their teas. She handed Melissa a cup.

Shocked and confused at what the hell was going on, she grabbed the cup.

Melissa hesitantly put the cup to her lips. And took a cautious, slow slip. She opened her eyes, making a satisfied humming sound as she quickly drank. "This is so good! Thank you!" she exclaimed. Melissa's entire mood had done a full 180, from cautious, confused, and hesitant, to ecstatic and childish. However, she quickly flipped her mood around again, after questioning the sudden gesture. "Why is everyone here so nice?" she wondered. " I thought everyone is supposed to be miserable." Once again, as melissa was scrambling to catch her thought, she 

SORRY I HAVENT FINSIHED IT YET DFJSGJFDGSDFG S anyway im heavily thiking about changing her name because melissa was originally a placeholder name kinda but i wanna upload this now because i can! so idk enjoy this im not abuout to read this over or fx my spelling mistakes so you enjoy my horrble and confusing life. so yippee! my grammar in this si really bad i promise i have good grammar i just do not care bc i mean cmon you are on wattpad ffs you pathetic little fucking worm

anyway goodnight