Chapter 8 - I will do anything for you

For the most part, the Y/E/C-eyed girl was too busy running errands for her to even be in the same room when she was rehearsing. Today was the first show of the tour. She had done everything she needed to do, everything was running smoothly and on schedule. It was now soundcheck. A familiar voice's singing was echoing through the venue. Quietly, Y/N slipped past the big doors and saw Gracie sitting there strumming her guitar. The fans were so entranced by her that you could hear a pin drop in here. Y/N stayed there, at the very back of the hall, watching Gracie cover some song she didn't recognise. She leaned against the wall behind her and stuffed her hands in her pockets. 

Gracie didn't lie, she really did play the guitar. And for some reason, when Gracie gave her the friendly warning that she'd be in for a ride, it didn't click for her that it meant she'd be seeing her play the instrument. 

"-- Said she knows she lived through it to get to this moment

Ate a sleeve of saltines on my floor and I knew then

I would do anything you want me to

I would do anything for you."

Gracie opened her eyes and glanced around the venue. The dozen of fans at soundcheck were all watching her, completely wonderstruck, with their phones out. Her gaze then landed on the figure in the back of the room. A small smile tugged on her lip. 

"I would do anything, I will do anything

Whatever you want me to do, I will do."

She sang the lines while maintaining eye contact with a certain Y/E/C-eyed girl. Just for a split second, she saw how in awe Y/N was of her. The girl was staring at her as if she was the one who put the stars in the damn sky or something. Gracie's grin widened without her having any control over it. She averted her gaze again and continued the outro, slowly strumming the song to an end. She placed her hand on the strings to cut the sound as she looked at the crowd shyly. 

Everyone in there broke into a loud round of applause and cheering. Her eyes subconsciously travelled back to the back of the room. The Y/E/C-eyed girl was clapping for her as well. "Thank you guys so much for hanging out with me. I'll see you soon!" Gracie took a picture with the small crowd before skipping back to backstage. 

Y/N watched after her before following suit a couple of seconds later. 

"Boo!"

"Ah!" Y/N screamed as Gracie popped up from around the corner. She placed her hand over her heart and had to stop herself from not cussing at the older girl. "Thanks, I needed that," she said with an eye roll. 

Gracie just grinned at her. "You're fun to scare."

"Is this gonna become a habit?"

The singer gave her an animated shrug. Y/N rolled her eyes at her and continued walking, she followed suit, the adrenaline from the soundcheck still pulsing through her. She held her hands behind her back, feeling mischievous. "You were staring. Could've picked up your jaw from the floor," she pointed out.