Aurora
Copy that

I tucked my phone into the back pocket of my shorts, slipping my favorite pair of flip flops on and making way for the kitchen downstairs.

I found a small pack of sticky notes, so I took that to at least leave my mom a message.

"I'll be at JB's with kie and the others, see ya sunday. Did dishes, loaded laundry and vacuumed this morning - Khali."

-

By this time now, it was 6:50 and I stood by the dock, suddenly becoming aware of the nighttime breeze that cursed everyone.

"Hey," A hand hooked around my shoulder and I looked to meet Aurora. I smiled in return, before she continued, "So, it's just a pretty chill party at Topper's beach house, y'know parents out of town."

I nodded, "sounds good." I tucked my hands into my pockets to warm myself a bit and caught a look at Aurora's right hand, which seemed to hold something.

"Twisted tea," she answered my questioning look, finally pulling the box into my view and raising her eyebrows.

"Nice," I laughed out, following into her stride once she turned back around on the dock towards the island.

"We'll be taking the luxury mobile!" She waved a pair of keys in her hand, smirking and I returned the same smirk.

The drive was fun, since it took quite the drive to make it from Oden's dock to figure 8. Mainly, we used a bunch of throwback songs to pass the time and took turns throwing gummies at each other to see who could catch which.

Life was... good. Yeah, it was good.

So simple, so comfortable and I reveled in it.

I let the breeze of summer stroke my hair, taking in the breathtaking view of the sunset and put my hand out the window to be closer.

I don't remember a time where I really wasn't happy, since hanging out with Aurora or the pogues.

I felt I truly had it so good.

On weekends, I partied in luxury mixed with stubbornness and on weekdays? I drunk beers with my friends, while we went surfing and talked about each star in the galaxy.

-

We came up to the big white house, struggling to fit in between the people organized in groups across the lawn. The bass of the music numbed my mind and I felt it reverberate into my feet.

"Yo, welcome in!" Topper stood by the door, opening it wider for us to enter. I simply gave a look of kindness, not really bothering to give him more than that.

Topper was the same age as me and Aurora: 16.

But god was he different.

He was a good boy who was so caught up in hanging out with bad influences, more specifically Rafe. I remembered how he was before then, much more gentle and modest.

He really turned into an entitled spoiled brat.

Kid Cudi blared through the speakers, practically splitting my brain and I decided now was the time to go get more drinks.