Chapter 20: Caught

Start from the beginning

"I can explain." I gulped, although knowing it was exactly what it looked liked. She had already marked me where everyone could see: the top part of my neck.

"Explain what!? That you've been messing around with your best friend? How long has this been going on, Carly?" Dad questioned. My body started to shake and Aimme squeezed my hand under the sheets before letting go and grabbing her clothes from 

"I... I should go." Aimme whispered, picking up her jeans from the floor and putting them on under the sheets. Her shirt was below my dad's feet and once she glanced at, he looked down too. Dad scowled and picked it up, throwing it at her face.

"Dad!" I yelled. Aimme smiled at me, kissing my forehead. It's okay. I'm fine. I grabbed her arm and shook my head, shaking with anger instead.
"You're staying here Aimme."

"Let her go. Aimme, I don't want you ever around Carly again. If I ever catch you around my daughter, you'll be sued for raping my daughter." Mom crossed her arms and glared at her. My jaw went slack.

Aimme's eyes widened yet she nodded anyways. She glanced back at me and mouthed 'I love you' which only made my hatred towards my parents even greater. It did nothing to console me because soon tears were dribbling down my face. I watched her tie her shoes and stand up. They moved out of her way and let her go. Aimme stood in the doorway for a while before turning back to me. She nodded at me and ran down the hall. I slipped on my shorts and tank top underneath the sheets. I threw the covers off of me and tried going after her but mom and dad blocked my way. My nails dug into my palms, drawing blood.

"You should be ashamed of yourself I can't believe this." Mom was angry, but she should accept me the way I am now.

"I hate both of you!" I shouted, staring into their eyes. Mom recoiled and frowned at me. She slapped me, making me to fall to the ground. I stared at her in shock, tear spilling onto my cheeks. They just stood there, staring at me with no emotion showing on their faces. I growled and looked up at them. My eyes grew hot and they backed away as my wings shot out of my back.

"Get. Out!" I screamed and they finally walked away. I  slammed my door by flapping my wings and went over to my bed. I laid down, sobbing harder than I wanted to.

I just wanted Aimme her with me. It's only been about thirty minutes since she marked me and they forced her to leave but I missed her. I squeezed my eyes shut and sat up. That was it. I'm an angel and witch hybrid and I should be able to stand up for myself. My powers finally awakened themselves and it was time. Even if they're my parents. I wiped cheeks with the back of my hands and focused my thoughts on Francine and Vinnie to summon them both to my room. I didn't know who else I could bring here to help. I wasn't the most liked person at school. If it was their mates, I know they would understand.

Vinnie and Francine were sitting down somewhere with who I recognized as Jake. I swallowed and closed my eyes, reciting the teleportation spell that would bring them into my room. The air grew colder and more than one presence appeared in my room before two thuds sounded. I opened my eyes. Francine and Vinnie were on my floor, groaning and rubbing their sore areas. It worked.

"What the hell happened?" Francine groaned.

"I don't know." Vinnie replied.

"I need your help." I sniffled, kneeling on my bed. Francine jumped up and glared at me.

"Why should we help you?" Vinnie's eyes glazed over and I knew she was mind linking with Jake to tell him she was safe. Vinnie grimaced and crossed her as she stopped talking with Jake. I stared at the floor.

"Look, I know I haven't been... the nicest person to you and I'm sorry but... but I..." I choked back my sobs.
"I'm sorry. I really am... I only targeted you because you weren't that known and I'm sorry. I just need your help right now." I sat back on my heels and rubbed my eyes. Francine sighed.