45 | bagel has does nothing to him

Start from the beginning

"We need to talk about the dog." George tells her.

"Yeah, Bagel has does nothing to him." Maddison hugs the cat. "At least Pudding treats her with the love and respect she deserves."

"That's not a dog. It's a hyena, escaped from the zoo dressed in dog clothing." Izzie adds.

"Whatever! I don't chew up his clothes." George nods, ranting. "I don't urinate on his bed. I don't try to mount him from behind!"

"People, he's our dog. We love our dog. He loves us." Meredith replies, patting him and the leaves. But, as soon as she leaves, Doc turns to the three and barks.

"He tries to mount you from behind?" Izzie asks George.

"Tries to." George replies, and Doc barks again, making George whisper. "Tries to."

"Oh, I am so not leaving Bagel anywhere around him." Maddison tells them.

MADDISON LETS DOWN THE little kitten, and Pudding immediately starts to lick her.

"See, now that's a compassionate dog!" Maddison points at him. "You're such a good boy, Pudding." Maddison rubs the dog's head, who barks happily. "Aren't you? Yes, you are! Yes, you are!"

This makes Liam let out a laugh, as he walks over with a tumblr filled with coffee, handing it to Maddison.

"He's been raised around kids." Liam tells her, as she takes the tumblr, kissing him.

"Thanks." Maddison smiles, then looks at her watch. "Oh, shit, I have rounds! I gotta go."

"I'll see you at the hospital." Liam tells her, as she rushes out.

"Yeah, thanks for letting Bagel stay!" Maddison yells back, and Liam chuckles.

"LISTEN UP PEOPLE." The Chief says, standing in the middle of the stairs. "New Year, new rules or should I say New Year and we will be enforcing the rules mandated by the residency review committee. There were too many mistakes made last year. Fatigue played too big a role. Exceeding 80 hours per week will not be tolerated."

"Does that mean we actually get to have a life?" George asks.

"I think so." Izzie nods.

"You have a life?" Maddison asks George, surprised, sipping her coffee.

"Sullivan, you were on-call for 28 hours, leave when you hit 30." Richard continues. "Grey, you were here to 2am last night, see you at noon."

"I get to go? Free time?" Meredith asks, surprised.

"Run before he changes his mind." Alex tells her, and she walks away.

"Oh, and people our nurses are gonna have to work extra hours to compensate so treat them well. Cranky nurses don't do us any good." The Chief finishes, and everyone walks away.

"Well, maybe you can cheer them up." Izzie tells Alex, making Maddison and Izzie chuckles.

"You know what?" Izzie stops. "My New Year's resolution was to let it go, and I am. I have... let it go. I apologize."

"You do?" George asks, amazed.

"I do." Izzie nods.

"How'd your test go?" Maddison asks.