Little Bit of Bonding

Warning: Demon is shot, so little mentions of blood

Stay, Angeldust did. It's already midnight. So what if they work tomorrow? Angel and Husk are sitting in the living room, chuckling away, and they've maybe had some vodka.. and booze. And scotch.

Angel couldn't help himself? The man had so many types of alcohol that Angeldust didn't even know existed until tonight! Plus, it can't be that big a' deal.. what's a few bottles down the hatch?

Angel took another swig, leaning into husk as they sat on the couch, his long legs outstretched on the cushions. "-but I was never expecting him to actually do it, right? I mean, sure I suggested it, but-" Angel cut himself off as he looked over at husk who looked as if he was zoning out.

"Oh, sorry, guess I was talkin' a bit too much.." Angel said, turning away, hiding the sadness in his voice.

"No, no.. keep talkin'. I'm listening." Husk said hopefully, a small smile adorning his face as he leaned forward to look over at Angel, finding his gaze.

"O-oh.. right." Angeldust hid his fluster as he continued speaking. "So, I suggested it, right? But, I didn't actually mean it! I mean, when people suggest things, you aren't actually supposed to do it, anyone with half a brain knows that."

Angel continued rambling for most of the night, but he began dozing off, eyes struggling to remain open. Husk noticed this, and gently placed his hand on Angel's shoulder. "Hey, you good? Want me to take ya home..?" He asked, his raspy voice somehow sweet and calming. Angel grumbled, leaning back and nuzzling into Husk, low lying on his stomach as he leaned onto Husk's chest, arms wrapped around the demon. Husk felt his cheeks warm up, but he didn't fight it. Husk sighed softly, and he put his hand on Angel's head, feeling the luscious, fluffy hair and beginning to doze off as well.

They both slept hard that night.

The next morning, Husk woke up to an empty condo, not like he was expecting a five star meal waiting for him, though, so he just got ready. Showered, slicked back his hair, put on a nice suit, fancy cologne, and he was out the door. He noticed the lights still on in Angels condo. What could a little check in hurt? Husk let himself in, grumbling at the already unlocked door. He heard Angel humming along to a slow, Italian song. That's new. Angeldust was still sitting at his vanity, finishing up his makeup.

Angeldust perked up as he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in." He said with a smile as he turned to look back at Husk who was leaning in his doorway.

"Hey daddy, too excited to wait outside for me, ain't cha?"

"I was wondering where the fuck you were. Thought you were supposed to be at the casino by now? Hitting the tables." Husk said as he walked over to Angel.

"Well, you want the work done fast, or done right?"

"I want you to do your damn job and start hustling my customers, sweetheart." Husk said as he crossed his arms.

Angel reached for a pretty pearl necklace which sat in its fancy container, but Husk grabbed it first. "Hey, what-" he got interrupted by a "Keep still." Which made Angel quickly sit up silently.

Husk slipped the necklace around Angel's neck and clipped it on. "This too tight?"

"Nah, you're fine, big guy.." Angel said gently, feeling his cheeks warm up as he stared down at his lap.

"Four arms and you still take forever to get yourself done."

Angel felt himself huff stubbornly "Well ya can't rush art."

Husk successfully clipped the stupid tiny latch on the pearl necklace, making Angel smile softly.

"Thanks, what would I do without ya in my life, Husky?~"

"A lot of things, probably. Getting yourself dressed doesn't seem like one of those things, though."

Husk's hand gently slid down Angel's arm, and then slowly down his back, holding the dress down gently as he carefully zipped it up, Angel's face only flushing darker, the touch making him shudder.

"Cold?" Husk asked, wondering why Angel was shuddering..

"No.." the touch deprived, absolutely flustered spider responded.

Husk let out a little "Oh.." at the realization of how busy he'd been keeping Angel.

"Ahem.." Husk clears his throat.

"We, ah.. we should get going.." husk said, his cheeks only flushing darker, Angel looking back at him innocently.

And just as Husk said, they both soon arrived at the casino, only after Husk had practically forced Angel to ride along with him, not exactly giving the spider a choice, though he definitely wouldn't have declined the offer either way.

Angel began doing what he was good at once again, hustling, flirting.

"Heya there, sugar~" Angel flirted, tempting a customer to some coin slots. "This one is callin' your name, babe.." the guy smirked, obviously hammered, slipping his grubby hands all over Angel, gripping his hip and pulling him closer "I'll make you call my name soon enough, baby, how much for an hour service?"

Husk walked over, slipping Angel out of the demons arms, spinning him around and dipping him as if they were dancing, shielding Angel as the demon gets shot, blood splattering everywhere.

"Sorry about that, gorgeous, couldn't have my best money maker gettin' dirty on my watch." Husk lifted Angel to his feet.

Angeldust could feel as his cheeks heated up. "Right.. thanks Husky."

"You alright?" Husk's ears sunk back a bit as he snarled at the Demon's body, which was currently getting cleaned up. "I can burn that dress if you want me to."

"N-no, no, I'm alright, pussy cat." Angel said with a small chuckle, putting his hand on Husk's shoulder.

"Right.. just remember, I've got yer back, princess." Husk said, taking Angel's hand and softly kissing his knuckles, only making Angel fluster even more.

"Yeah.. I know, kitty."

"Good, now get back to work, you've still got a shift to finish." Husk said with a small smirk before walking off to wherever he originally came from. Angel slapped his cheeks as a quick pick-me-up, and went on with his work.

1035 words this time!! Sorry for making you all wait a week for this update, I hope it's worth it! See you.. probably next weekend(?)😭😭

Sincerely,
Your author, Livy