🎶The River's Edge Part 1🎶

It was the 4th of July and the Blossom twins Jason and Cheryl Blossom drove out to Sweetwater River for a boat ride. Next thing you know is Dillon Dooley and boy scouts finds Cheryl by the rivers edge. Riverdale Police dragged Sweetwater River for Jason's body, but never found it. So a week later the Blossom family buried an empty casket and Jason's death was ruled an accident. The story that Cheryl told was that Cheryl dropped a glove in the water, and Jason reached down to get it and accidentally tipped the boat, and panicked and drowned. As for us we were still talking about the "July 4th tragedy" on the last day of Summer vacation, when a new mystery rolled into town.

~xoxo

A blonde doing her makeup and putting her hair up into a ponytail

A blonde doing her makeup and putting her hair up into a ponytail. A brunet boy lying on her bed asks, "Are you excited? Nervous?" The blonde Turns around and smiles, "Both. I haven't seen him all summer."

"Which is why nerves are acceptable, but we agreed, sis...It's time." Another blonde said from her position on Betty's bed.

Betty shyly smiles and turns back around. "You like him, he likes you." The brunet says and Betty turns around again and says, "Well, then why, Kevin, Ellie, hasn't he ever said or done anything?"

"Because Archie's swell, but like most millennial straight guys, he needs to be told what he wants. So tell him, finally." Kevin says as he gets off Betty's bed and walks toward the window. "Well, we'll see. I mean, it depends." Betty says.

"Oh, my god!" Kevin exclaims. "What? Betty and Ellie asks as they turns toward him. "Game-changer. Archie got hot!" Kevin basically shouts as he stares at a red haired boy across the street in the window who's putting on a shirt and reading something on his phone. "He's got abs now!" Betty and Ellie rushes over to the window and stares as well. "Six more reasons for you to take that ginger bull by the horns tonight." Ellie said to her twin as they all continue staring.

~xoxo

"So what was the highlight?" Archie asks Betty as the three of them sit at a booth together with the Cooper twins on one side facing Archie and Archie on the other facing the door. "Of my internship? The Toni Morrison book release party I organized, by far. At the end of the night, Toni Morrison, who is, as you know, my literary hero -" Betty says and Archie nods and says, "Yes. Yes."

"-says to me - 'Don't rush this time, Betty. It goes by so fast at your age. One summer can change everything.'" Betty finishes as Archie says, "Wow. That's so true."

"How was working for your dad Archie?" Ellie asked, Archie sighs and looks down with afar away glance before looking back at Betty and Ellie, "It was - Pouring concrete, every day, all day long. To pass the time, I would start composing these poems, in my head. And at night, I'd go home, I'd write them down -" Betty interrupts him and says, "You don't even like reading poetry. " Ellie laughs at Betty's comment, "They weren't poems, they were song lyrics. And working on them made me feel like..."