"Emmaline, seriously," I huffed out, and when that didn't work again, I thought of something better, giving her quick pecks all over her chin and neck, knowing how ticklish she gets when I do that. I smiled when she huffed out a laugh, her body tensing as she tried to pry off me.

"Kai— that— Amelia, I'll call you back—" she cut herself off with another chuckle before telling her goodbye and hanging up, finally. I leaned my head up to look at her, "what?"

"Hi," I grinned at her, watching her blink in disbelief.

"Seriously?"

"I'm bored," I shrugged and hugged her again, nuzzling my nose into her neck, "talk to me too, I'm more fun than Amelia."

"She's my friend."

"I'm your best friend," I pointed out, "and how could you not want to spend your time with your favorite person? I thought we talked about that last night."

I saw her face flush a little, her heart rate going higher. Memories of last night snapped in my brain, still hearing her voice as she called out my name, seeing her in my arms, clinging onto me like I'm her lifeline, the only thing she could see. I told her I wouldn't leave her until I took over that damn list of hers, and I didn't let her go until she admitted it, until she told me how I was the only person who'd ever make her feel like this, that there was nobody else.

"I am spending time with you," she sighed, her hand still in my hair, "you're glued to me, like, all the time, Kai."

"But you're not giving me attention."

"You're literally using me as a pillow right now," she winced underneath my weight, fixing herself against the pillows until my arms came around her back, resting my head on her chest again, hearing her steady heartbeats, "do you want me to braid your hair too? You can be so dramatic sometimes."

"I'm not dramatic," I shot back, "my presence just requires a certain amount of attention."

"You hate when people focus their attention on you."

"You're not people," I smiled, tilting my head up to see her smiling at me, "you're my girlfriend."

"Hmm, my bad then," her hands came to both sides of my face, lifting my head up and leaned in, brushing her lips against mine before resting her head back against the pillows, "better?"

"No, I need more attention than that," I shook my head, and she chuckled, curling her finger around some of my curls.

"That's kind of greedy, Kai," she smiled again as I fully raised my head, her arms dropping next to her, snorting when I gave her a frown, "fine, come here."

She pulled my head towards her, taking my mouth with hers as her hands went to both sides of my neck, her tongue rolling onto mine the moment she tilted her head. I kissed her back, trying to get even closer when I felt like it wasn't enough. I never seemed to ever get enough, like I always wanted to be glued to her as she said, always in her presence. Being greedy about her was my normal.

I think Emmaline is probably the focal point of every thought I have, she has this insane unbreakable hold on me that no one's ever had, like I was just something she owned, in the palm of her hands, and the thing was that I would gladly be that to her. She could have strings attached to me, moving me around like a doll, and I would tighten those strings more, tie them to the point where she can't cut them off.

"You know, I really want all that's happening to end, for us to be totally safe," I said when she broke the kiss, breathing against my face as her forehead rested on mine, "but then we would go back home, and I won't live with you anymore."