038 - ❝ i think i'll stay ❞

Start from the beginning

nick scoffed before grabbing it from him. "i'll take it."

"no, it's fine. i'm already standing up anyways." i grabbed the blanket from him and walked out the door without waiting for an answer.

i ran downstairs again, almost stepping on a piece of fabric laying on the last step. chris' hoodie that he let me borrow was left on the stairs, i guess he really did drop everything and run when he heard the doorbell ring.

i picked it up. the last time i saw him was in the living room and i was going there anyways so why not help him out a little. i walked over to the living room with both the blanket and hoodie draped over my arm.

when i entered, i saw cora and chris on the sofa. cora was basically on top of chris while they watched a movie, her head resting on his chest and her legs rested on top of his. his arm was wrapped around her like a baby.

"you dropped this." i said blankly while dropping his hoodie next to him.

"oh, thanks." he faked a smile. it was obvious he was slightly shocked with me randomly popping up out of no where after i basically yelled at him 30 minutes ago.

i placed the blanket on the couches arm rest before slowly walking out of the living room.

"why did she have your hoodie?" i heard cora say as i left. i stopped, listening in to what crap she had to say about me now.

"i let her borrow it because it was raining."

"oh, so you were with her when you were late for our date that never happened?"

"what? no, i just happened to want dairy queen when she had already been hanging out with matt and nick."

"are you cheating on me? and with her?"

"i wouldn't cheat on you, cora. and what do you mean 'with her'?" chris started getting defensive.

"cmon, chris." she tilted her head disappointedly. "she seriously looks like a twelve year old boy."

chris laughed. "are you being for real?" when cora nodded, his smile faltered. he pushed her off of him and got up. "leave my house, please."

cora watched as he walked towards the stairs with her jaw on the floor. "all this over another girl? you're so not who i thought you were."

chris said nothing as he walked out the living room. he saw me standing in the hallway and paused to look at me. i frowned, looking up at him as he did the same.

"teach your girlfriend some respect." i scoffed dramatically before walking away towards the front door.

cora had already called an uber and was not-so-patiently waiting on the porch. "ew." she said under her breath when she saw me walk out.

"you're joking, right?" i paused, watching the disgusted look on her face grow more distinguishable. "yelling at your own boyfriend for 'cheating' on someone who doesn't talk to him anymore because of you? bitch move." i made air quotes to show that he, in fact, wasn't cheating.

"you're one to talk. getting mad at him for simply talking about his relationship?"

"i got mad because he started getting mad at me, do you not get that it wasn't entirely my fault?" my voice grew louder and so did hers.