Chapter 18 part 2

Start from the beginning

Ari

When Nimbus approached, Lonios explained.

— Nimbus, don't be alarmed by what I'm about to tell you. From what I've noticed, Valeros has a combat skill close to mine, maybe even faster. So don't hold back; it will be like fighting against me. Are you ready?

Adon called Valeros and gave instructions to the squire, laughing as he looked at Lonios and Nimbus.

— It'll be a piece of cake, master. Did you see how I defeated those guys? Almost like when we fought for the first time.

That wasn't good; Nimbus was too confident. Despite improving his technique significantly, Lonios could still easily defeat him in combat. Valeros seemed to be even faster.

When Lonios looked, a crowd was entering through the gym door, more and more people pouring in. In no time, there was no more room to move inside the room. By Lonios's calculations, approximately the entire crew not on duty was present. He cursed Ari for being so effective in spreading the word. Soon, the captain arrived, and apparently, he had also left his shift in the command cabin to watch the fight. He arrived, making his way through the crowd and stood right in front of the platform with arms crossed. Next to him was the damned Ari.

— So when is the fight going to start? — the captain asked, looking at Lonios and Adon.

— Whenever you want — Adon said, looking at Lonios.

— Go ahead, Nimbus.

Nimbus stepped up, and Valeros was waiting for him on the platform, leaning on a wooden stick, a little thicker than a broom handle.

— Since you have my sword, I'll fight with the staff, okay with you?

Nimbus looked back, awaiting confirmation from his master, and Lonios nodded approvingly. Although Lonios had talked to Nimbus about staff as a weapon, he had never instructed him on how to use it. However, considering Nimbus's training level, he would likely perform well in combat.

— No, no problem — Nimbus replied, already in a combat stance.

Valeros didn't wait long and advanced against Nimbus; the boy defended himself effortlessly. It was Nimbus's turn to attack, and he encountered the defense of his opponent. The combat unfolded this way, with the two dueling for more than five minutes. By this point, both were sweating heavily, and until that moment, the fight could be considered a draw. They almost landed blows on each other several times, with the crowd reacting with loud exclamations each time.

Then, after a strength contest that Nimbus was losing, they stopped in the center of the ring, each holding the other's weapon, which were crossed. After a few seconds, Valeros pushed Nimbus with his leg, pulling his sword in the process. Due to the force of his opponent, Nimbus let the weapon slip, and Valeros almost fell to the ground when it happened. Now Nimbus was holding the staff, and Valeros, the sword.

— You seem to be good with a sword, but I'm sorry, my friend, because I'm damn good with a sword. — Valeros spoke before charging towards Nimbus.

Nimbus clearly didn't know how to handle the staff, so he held it as if it were a sword. However, this weapon was much larger than a sword, making it unbalanced in this grip.

Valeros attacked, Nimbus defended, the blow was strong, and Nimbus almost lost the staff from his hand. Seizing the opportunity, Valeros spun the sword and hit the staff, sending it flying, and in the same motion, he struck Nimbus's nose with the hilt of the sword. The boy instantly fell to the ground, his nose bleeding profusely.

— As I said, squire, I'm damn good, and damn it, no one hurts my soldiers. — When he finished speaking, Valeros left the arena while Lonios observed everything with a hand on his head.