6: New News from the Newscaster

Start from the beginning

Vox groaned, "[Y/N], do you know how long your contract is for?" I shook my head in response. Vox looked at Val accusingly. Val only shrugged at this. Vox continued, "Do you know what you signed off?"

"Err, my signature?" I grinned as though that was ever gonna be the right answer. Vox rolled his eyes and a grin fought to appear on his face.

That fighting grin fell. I knew the news was about to be bad.

"No," he started. "it's your soul, [Y/N]."

My face fell.

FUCK
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK

"Like, till the contract's over, right?" I grinned shakily, praying that there was a chance that it was true, that it was for a finite time that Val owned me.

Vox shook his head.

Everything fell. My life was falling apart more than I thought it could. I didn't care if my stomach rumbled from hunger, I didn't care if Val literally took my body right now and fucked me for everyone to see or whatever. I was owned by him. I'm basically property of this company. I'm not going anywhere. I'm not escaping from this. I am

NEVER going to be a newscaster for Vox.

NEVER going to live a normal life.

NEVER going to be free.

The more I thought about the nevers, evers and forevers, the more I felt like I was spiralling down a hole. I was so confused, I was so, so lost.

What do I do now? What is there to work towards? Wouldn't death be a better escape than this? I should have just let him shoot me from the start.

Vox stood up and walked past me, stopping to pat my shoulder before he left. He passed me a phone, with the same Voxtek wallpaper as him. Just for a moment, he quickly checked if Val was looking (he wasn't), and flashed me an empathetic look of concern. He did a little 🤙🤙, I nodded and he left.

Left me with me and Val.

At least I had a phone.

I spent my time distracting myself from Val's presence by setting up my new company-issued phone. I ate my food at a slightly-slow pace, while Val ate a meagre fraction of his food and stood up to leave. I was so excited for him to get out.

Before leaving, he leaned down to tell me, "Studio 6 at 2pm. Don't be late, slut." He walked away, heels clacking the floor behind him.

SLUT? I fucked 2 guys yesterday, for my JOB. how am I a slut?

I shook my head, planning to tune out everything he said for the rest of eternity I had to work for him for. Whatever he said, I vowed to never let it get to me. EVER.

I spent the rest of the time spent to eat trying to process what I had just heard. The burning thought of me being fucked every single day for the rest of my eternal Hell-lifetime (till Val somehow gets killed) was a terrible feeling. It struck me in my chest, it made my legs feel like jelly and it made me feel like next extermination I should just shout, "KILL ME!!!"

How strong of an alcohol would it take to just forget about everything I had just heard. I wish Vox hadn't told me about that. Oblivion is much, much more favourable than knowledge. I didn't need to know that, I could've just spent the rest of my time here hoping that somehow there could be a day that I was free from all this.

But now I know that there is no way that I'm ever going to be normal. There is no way that I'll ever get out of this job or this life. There will be no escape from Val ever. EVER.