Twenty-Nine

They’re finally back to the safe camp. Daniel was taken to the clinic area, where he got proper treatment, alongside Daus. Just to make sure Daus is really fine. While the others are inside the isolation camp with Admiral Mika and Professor William.

“You failed this time,” Admiral Mika said.

“What do you expect us to do? Run to Semenyih? What about you’re the one who does it yourself?”, Nowa said.

“I’ve seen Daniel and Daus' condition. I understand if you’re mad…”

“That’s the second time he almost died!”, Allan said firmly.

All of them didn’t look scared about the failed moment or anything. They’re all mad about this situation. Moreover, the help didn’t come when they needed it the most. 

“We did the test on the infected already. It worked after five hours,” Professor William.

“Okay there's good news at least,” Amber said.

“About the people that haven’t transformed yet… we can’t do anything since we didn’t have any of it with us. So, let’s just hope for the best,” Admiral Mika said.

“And?”, Allan asked.

Admiral Mika looks at their faces, one by one. He’s proud that he got a strong team in his hands even after they lost some of their friends. Half of them are not soldiers, to begin with. He understands if they’re mad.

“We created this gas bomb,” he put one of it on the table.

“For what?”, Karn asked.

“This is your last mission,” Admiral Mika said.

“What mission?!” Nowa asked, full of anger.

She’s about to flip the table now.

“Inside the bomb, is the gas of the antidote. The infected will react to the gas before either dying or getting back to normal,” he explained.

“What do you mean?”, Sofea asked.

“During our observation, the Infectees, the Runners, the Armeds and maybe the Sirens can get back to being human as their physical condition is not ruined. But for the rest of the variants, they can’t stay alive after receiving the antidote. They might get back to normal but only for a few days as their physical condition is no longer a normal human,” he explained.

They understood it right away.

“We’ll be handing this antidote to the other safe camp as well if we manage to clean this area first. Safer that way. I also created this vaccine, to strengthen everyone's immune system along the way.”

They take a look at the vaccine and antidote. So, it’s possible to save everyone. It’s just a matter of time. Time is cruel. Yes, it is cruel but perfect times do exist. 

“As I said, this is your last mission for freedom. To save everyone. Here and everywhere. I can give the order to use the copper this time,” Admiral Mika said.

“Wait, you have a freaking copper but decided to let us use the road?!”, Allan asked.

“The copper just got back to normal recently. It was broken by the attack. Use it to free the bomb. Don’t waste so much time up in the air. We don’t have much diesel for it.”

They dismissed and gathered at the mini park. It’s their meeting side at this point.

“So this is my plan. I won’t be bringing Daniel along with us. His condition is worse. That’s what I heard from the medical team. As for Daus, I’ll ask him later-”
“I’m in,” Daus suddenly sat with them.