Chapter 35. Water

Start from the beginning

“Close your eyes.” I say looking up at Viggo. He raises an eyebrow but closes his eyes nonetheless without question.

“I have seen you naked before mate.” He says as I make my way across to the ledge he was on before.

“That was then, this is now.” I mutter and step under the shower of water, scrubbing off the last flecks of blood on my skin and rinsing out my mouth until I feel clean again.

I yelp in shock as Viggo’s massive body presses into my back. His muscular arms cage me in as he leans against the rock wall and runs his nose down my nape. My legs weaken as a powerful wave of desire rushes through my body.

“Forgive me. I am always weak around you, mate. You have no idea what it is you do to me.”

He’s wrong. I have a very good idea. I think I always have. Viggo has never held back telling me, showing me. It’s something that I’ve enjoyed playing with, for the first time in my life I’m aware of my own power as a female.

Viggo’s hot cock presses against my spine and I moan, and lean back into his irresistible musk.

“Turn around mate, I want to see my mark.” his low growled, lustful order, whispered in my ear, makes me shiver.

I turn and lean back against the rock wall with my palms tucked behind me.

Fully bare to his eyes I find a spot on his chest to distract me from my nerves at putting myself on such display.

“Look at me.” Viggo orders and I glance up to meet his eyes. They burn gold and bright in the darkness of the night.

“You are beautiful Quilla. You have nothing to be nervous about.”

Again Viggo sees right through to my soul and his perceptiveness is comforting.

Water falls gently over my shoulder and breasts. I keep my eyes fixed on Viggo’s face as his eyes trace the dark swirls down my neck, over my shoulder, around my left breast and to the center of my chest.

“Fuck. It’s big.” He says stunned.

“Yeah, and what the fuck is this?” I point to the center of my chest, “A ‘V’. Really?”

Our eyes meet and we both laugh, Viggo unable to hold his pride in check.

“It really is beautiful though Quilla. You are beautiful.” He says, and I see his high cheekbones flush in a disarmingly, adorable way.

Time seems to stop as we stand there staring into each others eyes.

I see Viggo in a way I never have before. Before me is the culmination of what I’ve learned about him over these few days.

A proud, hot headed Lycan, a fierce and loyal King, a mate who will protect me with his last breath, a man who has loved me from before I was born.

I reach up a trembling hand and press it against his chest, my fingers curling into the soft damp dark hair matting his chest.

“Does it bother at all that you have no choice but to love me?”

He frowns and cups his hand over mine pressing it over his heart.

“That is like asking me if I hate that I have to breathe air.” He holds my eyes with open honesty bright in his golden orbs.

“No Quilla, it does not bother me at all, because I do have a choice, so do you. I know I said otherwise but if you don’t want this mate bond, if being with me repulses you, then I would rather you reject me than be unhappy. I will probably die, but I would accept your rejection under those circumstances rather that than have you tethered in a mate bond you don’t want.”