4: The disappearances of brides in the mountains

Start from the beginning

„Do you know who I am?" Xie Lian interrupted your interaction with a frown, a burning feeling in his chest of seeing you smile because of an other man. „The prince of Xianle." „A true beaking of virtue, a beloved ruler." Fu Yao rolled his eyes and smirked.

You glared at him as you observed his disrespectful behavior. „Did he just roll his eyes at me?" Xie Lian asked with a dumb founded expression. You tugged his sleeve and nodded, frowning. „Yeah, kick him out!" Nan Feng answered. „It's useless, you should kick him out!" sparks flew between them and you sweatdropped slightly.

They really reminded you of Mu Qing and Feng Xin.

Nan Feng slammed his hand against the table and both of them stood up, about to fight. Xie Lian tried to stop them awkwardly , you frowned once again. „You weren't tricked into coming here against your will, were you? We can all work together!" Atleast he's trying..

Both of them turned to the both of you and you both jumped in slight shock. „Yeah! Of course!" They yelled simultaneously.

Good thing they stopped fighting, or else Xu Mao would have taken control over you and strangled them. Xu Mao is the voice living inside your head since you were a child. He's a pain in the ass but sometimes funny. Yeah from time to time he tries to kill you or others, but he's good entertainment, at least you think so.

"Alright then, getting straight to the point." Ah, and you zoned out again. Thinking about how live would have been if Xu Mao aas never there. 'You know I can hear your thoughts right? You are so mean~!' Xu Mao whined inside your head. 'Sorry..' your mind drifted off to the butterfly from before. You could have sworn you have seen it somewhere else... .

You got snapped out of your gaze as Xie Lian tugged on your sleeve. You tilted your head and looked at him in question. He smiled at you and you stood up, following him outside closely.

Outside there was a commotion and buff men with swords at their sides were carrying a red carriage. "What's that?" Xie Lian asked. You just shrugged. "I don't know, sorry." "A wedding now? These idiots.." came out of Fu Yaos mouth. "Somethings odd." You nod, agreeing with Nan Feng.

"Let's check it out and see." You glanced at Xie Lian and nodded. You'd do anything he'd ask you to. Suddenly a woman ran forth while screaming: "Stop it, please!"

She sounded pretty worried, must be a good woman. She ran forth to the carriage past the men, but one man stopped her, ordering her to stay back. "Mam they're just using you to capture the ghost groom! You can't go!" Despite the man trying to get her away, she was able to reach out to the curtain of the carriage.

The man finally pushed her away and a head fell out of the carriage. The woman backed away in shock. "Oh." You mumbled to yourself, realizing it was a doll. A man then kicked the doll head away and scoffed. "You again. Can't mind your own business, can you ugly?!" He yelled at her and your frown deepened.

She didn't even look that ugly...

"This is all your fault to begin with! You were supposed to dress up for us!" She wasn't at fault at all. "She is plain." "That's the part you focused on?" From listening to the old men at the tea house, that man was Xiao Ping, appearently he and his gang were always up to this stuff and were going for the bounty.

'Stupid people, sacrificing others to get money.' Xu Mao scoffed, and you nodded in agreement. "Stupid..." you mumbled, Xie Lian glanced at your complexed expression with a smile. "This is to dangerous! If you go up there, you'll die!" Miss Ying said in a worried tone. "You're just being greedy!" Indeed.

Xiao Ping pushed her back and you stiffened, glancing at Xie Lian, ready for his orders. "Greedy? So what?" He pushed her back again.

Xie Lian glanced at you, meeting your eye and nodded. "It's honest business isn't it?" Not if you sacrifice others.. "But This is suicide!" You were about to charge forth, but Xie Lian held you back, grabbing your hand. 'Gege touched me again!' You exclaimed happily in your mind. 'Yeah, yeah, that's great.' Xu Mao said sassily, if a voice had eyes, they would have rolled them.

You snapped out of your mind and focused back on the situation, the woman was now backing up in fear while the man kept going into her personal space. He then stepped on her dress and pushed her away. The men laughed at her and you bit your lip, impatiently glancing at Xie Lian. Xie Lian squeezed your hand and as Nan Feng was about to act you quickly rushed forth on your Masters command.

You kicked the man away and he crashed into the carriage. "Ugh who's that?" "Gege, I have obeyed your command, will you reward me now?" You asked Xie Lian while looking up at him, wanting praise. Xie Lian smiled. "Very good job."

Your eyes sparkle and you had to restrain yourself to not make a fool out of you. 'See that! Did you see that Xu Mao?! Gege praised me! He praised me!' You squeeled in your mind. 'Ugh, you always act like a stupid obedient dog when he's around, it's annoying.' You just ignored him and continued celebrating.

Men chased at you both and your happy expression quickly changed into a serious one, getting into a stance to protect your Gege. Nan Feng used his powers and hus powers to make a tree fall and the men immediately ran away in fear. The rude man was the only one left.

"Well? What's wrong, aren't we fighting?" Xie Lian leaned in with a brow raised. The rude man raised his sword and you put yourself slightly in front of Xie Lian, ready to protect him, while glaring at the man. "I'll let you off this time! Whoever you are!" The man yelled and ran away as well. Then the front of the tea house fell in and you deadpanned. Seems like Nan Feng has to spend some money now.

Xie Lian got to the woman and crouched down in front of her. "Are you alright?" 'Gege is so kind!' 'Shut up with your Gege!'

"Huh? What are you doing?!" She asked and you noticed that her dress was ripped. Xie Lian pulled down his outer robe and you stiffened. "Your skirt-" your eyes widened and your first reflex was to put yourself in front of Xie Lian to be slapped. "You perverts!" She ran away. Her slap hurt a lot, you dejectedly held your aching cheek. "Your skirt is ripped.." Xie Lian mumbled in shock. "You shouldn't have done that Qin Qin!" Xie Lian held your shoulders. You looked at him dazedly. "Im sorry Gege...b-but if I didn't do it, you would have gotten hurt! Gege! Please don't hesitate to use me as you want!" Xie Lian blushed brightly at your reply. Your furrowed brows, your wet lips that he would love to kiss, everything... If you really mean your words would you.... Xie Lian shook his thoughts away, blushing. 'How inappropriate of me to think that way! But...I would do anything for him too..'

This is highkey weird I guess but I didn't want yall to wait any longer. I have a good feeling with the math test and now I have to study for biology test. Also I am saving for Arlecchino and Clorinde in Genshin rn and still need 125 wishes to guarantee both. Who are you saving for in genshin?(if you play genshin) I hope you all have a great day/night!