Chapter I.-Barcelona, Here We Come

Katrina's POV:

I was sitting at the airport floor as we were waiting for our flight, from Skopje to Barcelona, to get called.

I was a really big fan of Eurovision, but never thought I would be here - with my best friends here - who are also in our band to compete in big Eurovision.

We did compete in Junior Eurovision, but that was different. This is a whole new experience. I was happy that my friends were here with me.

Our band was formed it the beginning of 2015 when most of us were still in middle school which resulted in us going to JESC 2015 in Bulgaria which we won and brought North Macedonia it's first win in a competition like that. It made us famous not only in North Macedonia but also in other countries.

The band consists of Miha - the oldest one and bass player, Anastasija - second oldest and our drummer, Filip - third oldest and guitarist and then there's me. I'm Katrina and I'm the youngest member in our band and also lead singer. Well I do play guitar in few of our songs but that's not important.

All four of us have been friends since we were kids.

I actually met Filip when I was only year old and he was two. Filip was born in July 2001 and I was born in late December 2002.

We met beacuse he just moved to the building where I was living with my parents - I don't wanna talk about them, but anyway we started to hang out immediately and became best friends.

When we got to primary school, we met Anastasija and Miha. They were grade above us. Filip was in the same grade as me since we couldn't live apart.

That was until we got to 5th grade and we were supposed to separate but I got diagnosed with ADHD and Filip didn't wanna leave me alone.

I was so thankful for him because my parents did not like me very much when I got diagnosed with it. But it soon became worse.

I was 13 when I was diagnosed with POTs - Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. It condition in which an excessively reduced volume of blood returns to the heart after an individual stands up from a lying down position. Some symptoms are dizziness or almost fainting, noticeable heartbeats and palpitations chest pain.

My POTs activated Syncope - fainting disorder. To this day I'm still fainting once or twice a day which is not that good but luckily my friends are used to it so they know what to do when I do faint.

Also because of my parents I used to cut myself - I still do - but only us in the band know about it. Not even my close family nor someone from crew member or part of crew.

I don't talk to my parents since they were very abusive towards me, especially when I got all these diagnosis.

As soon as I turned 18 I moved in with Anastasija and we have been living together ever since. Miha and Filip also live together. Just a few blocks away from our apartment.

I went to Math Gymnasium and I'm currently in History College in Skopje. Well it is only two years so I will be graduating in late April this year which makes me excited. I only have one seminar to write and if it turns out to be good I will graduate.

For my relationship, it is quite weird. Ever since I got to middle school I started to like Filip but I kept it hidden. Until after we finished 8th grade. That summer all four of us went to a camp that we usually go to every summer. We got there a week before everyone so we had our time together.

Filip then confesed that he likes me and we entered a relationship. I was 14 and he was 15 which was a bit weird but that didn't matter to us.

We were together until middle of Sophomore year in highschool when we realised that it would be better for both of us to break up. And we did.

It damaged our friendship but over the years we managed to fix it and get it to work.

After Filip I was only with one guy. But we broke up few months ago. And now I'm single but it is better.

And for Miha and Anastasija, well it is a lot complicated. They were together in highschool but then broke up. Then got back together for few months and broke up again. And they are now back together, again. But this time I don't think they will go apart. They are good for each other. And it makes me happy.

However I knew something about both of them. Two months ago when we got called for our participation is Eurovision 2023 we decided to celebrate it by getting drunk. It was amazing.

Until I got back to my apartment to find Anastasija and Filip together. And in my bed. They explained everything to me and I promised not to tell Miha.

I hate myself for lying to him but I can't break my promise. That is simply not me. And I will never break it.

But I also knew about Miha's little secret which not even Filip knew. About month and a half ago Anastasija and him were fighting. They didn't broke up or something else. They just fought.

Anyway, Miha got really drunk and slept with none other than one of Anastasija's ex friend. She was gorgeous but not as Anastasija. I founded him and that girl together next morning in his and Filip's apartment. I promised to him I wouldn't tell that to Anastasija.

And I didn't. That meant I knew all of their biggest and deepest secret. And I try not to mention anything even slightly. Or even talk about it in front of any one of them.

Anyways that is almost it. I still am shocked where we would be in just month and a half.

Liverpool.

To participate in the Contest.

It still feels like a dream coming to reality and it is.

It really is.

"Flight from Skopje to Barcelona is now boarding. Please attend the gate 4. Thank you." I heard from the airport speaker.

"Let's get going." said Miha.

We all took our stuff and went to the gate. Oh boy, this will be a long flight.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ugh. Finally. After 5 hours we finally got to Barcelona. It was really pretty city. And I can't wait to explore it even more.

After we got our luggage we went to a taxi. Us four in one and other of our crew members including our PR managers and everyone in other one.

We got to the hotel rather quickly than I have expected. We took our luggage and went to the reception to get our keys.

"You and Filip are together in a room. Is that okay?" our manager said. I nodded. Me and Filip got put together in a room for two reasons. First, we are very close to each other. And second, because so Anastasija and Miha can be together and probably have sex. I mean not that I complain being in a room with Filip. He was a nice roommate.

We got to our room as we saw Anastasija and Miha making out before they even got inside the room.

"Looks like someone will have fun before tonight's party." I said to Filip.

"They can't even go without sex for a day." Filip said. I giggled at his comment as I unlocked our door to the room.

The room was nice. It had a big bed with a balcony and bathroom. It was everything we needed for two days before going back to Skopje.

Me and Filip started to unpack our stuff from luggage.

We still had 4 hours before going to the carpet and party. I decided to take time for a good outfit and to get myself together before going.

A/N: FIRST CHAPTER.
IT IS A BIT SHORTER BUT EVERY CHAPTER WILL BE OVER 2000 WORDS SO DONT WORRY.
AND ALSO EVERY WEEK ABOUT 2 CHAPTERS OR EVEN MORE.
DEPENDS ON MY SCHOOL AND EVERYTHING.
ANYWAYS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT MY ONE SHOTS THAT I UPLOADED FEW DAYS AGO.
I LOVE THE FIRST CHAPTER. ANYWAYS HAVE A NICE EVENING.