XXII

Ballister's POV
——————————————————

"I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I actually feel bad for the zombies." I admitted, watching the screen with a disgusted look on my face.

After we'd gotten tired of dancing Y/N had the idea to watch this new zombie movie that had come out the other day.

When I only received a snore in response, I looked to my side and noticed Nimona dead asleep beside me with a noticeable sign of unease on her face. Their pink eyebrows were scrunched together and their eyelids were squeezed shut in displeasure. 

The pink haired girl shifted over to the side and began shifting from animal to animal frantically before shooting awake as her normal self.

"Hey, hey. It's okay, you're okay." Y/N assured as soon as the shapeshifter had woken up, moving from her spot on the floor to face them.

"I'm... okay?" Nimona inquired, their eyes fluttered back to how they were previously, closed. This time peaceful.

"Yeah, better than okay. You're safe." I watched Y/N comfort them as they slowly drifted back to sleep, laying a blanket over their tired form.

"You handled that- surprisingly well." I remarked after a moment of silence, giving her an inquisitive expression.

"Yeah, we're known each other since... forever? I don't remember much before I met them." The h/c girl noted, a nostalgic smile on her face. "I'm used to her little dream outbursts by now."

"Nightmares? You mean nightmares." I chuckled, they're still kids after all.

"Oh! Yeah, yeah, sure. I meant that." She sputtered with embarrassment in her tone, scratching her collarbone sheepishly.

"How is it that you don't remember?" I asked, tilting my head to face her entirely, shifting the subject to something that I thought would be less awkward.

"Remember what? Before I met them? Well-" Y/N was interrupted by the blaring pinging of the computer before she could explain.

We both looked at each other before I reluctantly stood to check the notification. Y/N following not long after.

I grabbed the mouse and clicked on the alert panel, the notification read 'nachos?'. Bland and unspecific, I looked to check who sent to be met with an all too familiar user name, Lions_of_GOLD.

~Time skip~
Ballister's POV
——————————————————

I hurriedly rushed into the bar, I hadn't had a clue why Ambrosius had a craving for nachos at three in the morning, but why he called me here to? There had to be a good reason behind it.

"You have two minutes." I informed while taking a seat, I was debating giving him three but it's still too early for this.

"Two minutes?" Ambrosius stated with shock in him tone.

"I don't feel now is the to negotiate, I'm a fugitive." I said, rolling my eyes.

"I'm here to save you. Quit brooding." The blonde said angrily, pulling his hood closer to his face.

"You are so full of-" I was interrupted by the waiter.

"Hey! Can I get you guys something?" He smiled warmly, offering a menu to the two of us.

"Nachos!" We bellowed at the same time, glares present on both our faces.

"A-alright then." The waiter stubbled off.

"And hold the olives!" I yelled after him, my tone still unwelcoming. "He's allergic." I remonstrated.

"Bal, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't important." Ambrosius continued after I looked back at him.

"Listen," I chuckled. "I'm done with this, and so is she." I added as the screen above our heads caught my attention, the familiar female fratricide. The director.

"Citizens of the realm, that is not me in the recording." She started, a feeling of nervousness in her wavering voice. "I know it looks like me and sounds like me, but it's not me. There is a monster working with the real queen killer, Ballister. They are trying to trick you." The woman confirmed a small smirk playing at her lips.

"That's a lie." I muttered in shock, I'm doomed.

The announcement continued playing, spouting every false and misleading thing it could before the bar tender switched channels.

"She's twisting everything, I'm not the villain here." I panicked in a hushed tone, looking for support.

"I know, I know. I believe you." The blonde said, placing a hand over my mechanical one.
"I-I'm sorry, for everything."

"She manipulated you, she manipulated both of us. But together we'll take her down and prove it to the kingdom." Ambrosius rambled, pulling out my old sword from beneath the table. "You'll be a knight again."

"Thank you, the Director can't get away-" I began, ecstatic he believed me, but I was soon interrupted.

"Bal, no. I was talking about one of your sidekicks. You're sidekick set you up." The golden knight said, pity in his expression. "This was all her plan, all of it. She's evil, Bal."

"E-evil?" I said, pulling my hand away from him. "No, you're wrong. We've been wrong about everything.

"Really? Than explain this." Ambrosius countered, taking a rather old looking scroll out of his cloak.
"I know, I don't want to believe it either, but this scroll has been in the institution vaults for thousands of years. Look at it."

Betrayal overtook my mind, the scroll showed an old drawing of Glorith, fighting against a huge black lizard like creature, but in the center of it, was a certain pink haired girl.

"It's her, Bal."

"What?"

A/N
——————————————————
•I'm so lazy istg
•I keep forgetting I have a book and there's people who read it 😭🙏
•But at least school's over so I can update more frequently
-Consider voting? It helps a lot!
What's the best candy?

Words 946
Stay safe and stay hydrated!