chapter 3

Haeun was scrolling across twitter on her business phone, looking at the tweets from the hashtag 'HWANGSIBLINGS'. All of the feedback was quite random. You had people saying that they knew it but they had posted that there was no way they were siblings before and people who thought that their mother must of given up due to their mischevious natures.

"They're so cute though? We need pictures of them together right now and as a child!! They must of been so cute."

Haeun snorted at that comment. They were anything but cute back then and right now, Haeun (in her opinion) was the only cute one between them. "Cute my arse of Hyunjinnie."

Haeun started typing across her keyboard, careful to not make any spelling errors.
"Please. Hyunjinnie isn't cute at all. He was a pure demon when we were children and he is one now."

She pressed send but then deleted her comment. She did not want any backlash after that, especially since they were about to release a new album. She typed something after. "Maybe? I don't know if I have any photos of Hyunjin being cute, lol." That would do, right? Hopefully.

Ring Ring.

She heard her personal phone ring across her table and reached to get it. Haneul.

Her and Haneul were great friends although the latter was a few years older than her. He had helped her during her short training in HYBE before she transferred to JYP. They now kept close contact and he was probably one of her favourite friends ever.

"Haeun! How are you?" A cheery voice came from over the phone. "I just saw the news and a few hashtags and they're loving it!"

Haeun smiled at her childish friend. The best duo ever. The taller younger and the shorter older. Haneul had pouted and sulked after seeing Haeun grow taller than him for the while that they haden't seen each other and she was sure he was still sulky about that fact.

"Hello, Hannie, I'm good, thanks." Haeun smiled. "Having fun on tour?"

"Oh god, YES. I haven't seen as many armies at once till last night! You should of seen the purple lightsticks waving around, oh my god!"

Haeun laughed. "It's good to see someone having fun. I can't exactly say the same for myself now." Her smile faded.

"Huhhh? What do you mean, Eunnie?"

Haeun bit her lip, feeling slightly hesitant and Haneul, from the other end knew what was happening.

"I won't tell anyone, when I get back, we'll do a movie marathon to ease you up?"

Haeun chuckled at her friend's attempt of comfort but it was working. "I'm scared, Haneul." She blurted out. "We've worked so hard to get in the area we're in now but we're increasing popularity not in the way we want to. We want to make our way up from our own hard effort. I didn't want this to happen, to be honest."

The other end was silent for a moment before Haneul took a breath. "If I wad next to you right now, I would hug you and never let go." Haeun could literally hear him pouting. "You're so sweet, that's how life goes though. Maybe post an announcement regarding this situation on the official account? That would maybe help."

"That's it!" Haeun clicked her fingers. "You're a genius, Hannie!"

"I know I am-"

"I gotta go!"

"HEY, WAIT-!"

The line went silent for Haneul and he laughed softly at his now blank phone. How he enjoyed life.