"headmaster, why are you here...?" the professor meekly questioned.

"lucci. i wish to see you in my office after this."

the man fell to his knees, uttering a barely audible 'yes'.

"now, for the first interview." the same viridescent hurricane of flames that claude had previously casted for his flashy entrance swirled and enveloped mash.

you wanted to intervene, unsure of whether the headmaster could be trusted, but you found yourself unable to cast any spells ─ damn, that wahlberg.

you clicked your tongue, having no choice but to be separated from mash. you sighed in defeated, having your doubts about the headmaster.

"he's the friend you got lost from in the maze, right? guess you two are bound to be separated, maze or not." lance made an awful attempt to joke.

you only scoffed at his approach. you let out hand slip out from your cloak, your wand in hand.

"i intended to intervene, but i guess that man struck me first." you confessed, staring at your unique wand.

"are you a psycho? you really think you could strike the headmaster?" lance looked at you as if you had lost it.

"when it comes to me, it's really just a matter of who gets the first hit." you vaguely stated, toying with your wand.

"uhm, excuse me.." you heard a voice perk up. it was the girl from before. she looked bashful, blush dusting her cheeks as she twiddled with her fingers.

"you're friends with mash burnedead, right?" she asked. you froze up, already knowing where this was headed.

"we've been friends for less than a week. please, don't expect anything..." you backed away, slowly. unnoticeably slow.

"it doesn't matter! you're still friends. so, tell me, does he have a girl─"

the green flames had taken her away, ultimately saving you from being the middleman between the two. you heaved a sigh of relief, physically slumping forward.

you looked up at lance.

'he's staring at his locket again.'

drip...

'and his nose is bleeding.'

"your nose is bleeding, y'know..." you pointed out, holding a bunny patterned hankerchief to him.

"oh. thanks." he muttered, taking the hankerchief whilst keeping his gaze on the locket.

you let curiosity get the better of you, peeking over to peer at whatever image the locket─

GAAASP

you stumbled back, a good distance from him.

"she's just perfect, isn't she?" he turned towards you.

"i-i can't be seen with you... no way..." you uttered to yourself, backing up more and more.

"what?" lance only furrowed his brows at you.