The vibration recedes soon, but he’s picked it up from where it came, and when he rushes there, he pauses for a second, shocked at the view before him.

“What is...” He didn’t finish his sentence before his wolf took charge, climbing from deep within to the outside. His fingers turn into claws immediately, and he grabs Dustfang from atop Kaya and throws him to the other end of the cell.

Then, without thinking anything through, he grips Kaya and hits her head against the wall of the cell. The effect reverberates an override in her brain that overwhelms the effect of the drug, and her eyes snap open.

“What?” Kaya’s eye grows wide right before Kade drops her.

As Kade approaches the guard, who’s pointing his hands at Kade, begging not to be killed, his eyes glow a shade of scarlet red.

“Please, Master. She tricked me. She wanted you to kill her, and that’s why she tricked me into having sex with her so you could hate her. I would never taint what you own.” Kade pauses then, his anger not allowing him the sense to think things through.

His wolf is an exact opposite of him, and that’s why when he is completely angry, he does more than anyone ever expects, and it’s also why he barely shifts into his wolf, but for some reasons, because of the girl he calls worthless, that he thinks he cares not for, his wolf is out, so pained that she would go as far as staining his and his brothers’ marks that are on her.

Just then, Kieran and Kyle appear in the cell, having received Kade’s signal.

“What’s happening?”

Kaya blinks through her wet lashes, her sweat covering her facial skin, as Kade talks. “I suppose our toy has more stubbornness in her than we assumed. She almost had consensual sex with her guard, wanting to stain the mark we have on her. Since she wants to be whore, let us make her.”

Kade’s voice is growling, something that gives Kaya’s skin goosebumps.

“What should we do to this one?” Kyle broadens his chest as he nears the guard.

His eyes shift over to Kaya. “Whatever your motive was, I won’t succumb to it. Dismiss him from his post.”

Kade catches the look of surprise on Kaya’s face but doesn’t see that her heart is bleeding—a wound in there craving to be nursed.

But she keeps silent, knowing there’s nothing she can do.

The brothers drag Kaya out of the cell till they arrive at the center of the palace, where every eye can reach them. The other royals in the palace, their men, the maids, and the sex slaves all gather around when rumours begin to spread that there’s a dirty event happening in the largest room.

Kaya finds herself never that humiliated before, as she was gathered in front of everyone and they all had one look for her, a look of hatred. She wonders: What’s the reason behind the hate, just because of who she is?

But, come to think of it, doesn’t she look exactly like them?

Does she not speak exactly like they do? Does she not walk exactly like they do?

She is just like them, but no, they chose to hate her, including the non-beasty ones, too.

She is on her knees, feeble, and praying for the ground to swallow her, but it never does.

“Unworthy of a space in his world yet, through generous eyes, we had decided to keep her alive, this peasant,” as Kade blurts out, blankly and bluntly, his Alpha eyes landing on Kaya, “but she decided that she would fail us, that she would not be appreciative, and thus she showed an act of demimondaine, according to our rules. She broke it, and so she shall be humiliated.”

“Bring the collar.” Kaya shakes at the sight of a collar being handed to Kade, which he grips hard before he raises it up so everyone can see.

“I have decided to dismiss the guard out of pity, because this was all my toy’s fault, but if anyone thinks this is an act of weakness and decides to have even the littlest thought of sensuality towards my toy, I shall have their head taken from their neck.” He finishes with his voice in a snare that calls all attention.

Determine, he locks Kaya’s neck into the collar and puts a leash on it before he locks the end of the leash onto a pillar, leaving her hooked like an animal.

If there’s anything Kaya has yet to understand, it’s not this. She knows he wants her to be humiliated, and yes, he’s got the better of us. She knows she’ll be here for a very long time, so she might as well begin to get used to the spit being dropped on her body whenever people pass by her with a disgusted look.

***

Buckle your seat belt because we are entering another phase. And after this phase, the grovelling phase will start.... No forgiveness or pity for them 😏

I hope you guys are ready?

And I'll say it again, if you are uncomfortable with this book, kindly drop it. Your mental health matters.