"Garrett!" Harlem yelled.

I turned around and a guy held him in a headlock. I stood there trying to I.D the guy.

That's when it clicked. It was my least favorite vampire enemy.

"Donald! What a surprise..." I said in a sarcastic tone.

I attempted to walk up to him.

"Take another step and he's dead..." Don threatened.

I smirked and continued to walk. "There is no need to be irrational...--"

"I will kill him!" Don yelled

I stopped and glared at him. "Why are you here?"

He chuckles. "Why everyone is here these days... I'm here For Crista and Gabriel..." he confessed.

Now that got my attention, there was no way in hell he was going to touch her.

"Well, you think you're here for them..." I joked.

But really, I wanted to rip this guy heart out for targeting Rain.

"Where is she?" Don asked tightening his Grip on Harlem's neck.

"Why should I tell you?" I provoked.

"Now... This is getting old! Tell me or I'll rip his head off!" he yelled

I glared at him. "Right, this is getting old..."

I sped to him pushing him off Harlem, both of them fell to the ground. I straddled Don and punch him in the face. He sped and turned us over, so he'll be on top.

Thinking he was going to take a punch I kicked the back of his head. He fell off of me. I got up, but to my surprise he sped away before I could launch at him.

"Who was that guy?" Harlem asked.

I glared at him. I don't know what came over me, but I sped towards him pinning him against the car.

"This is your fault!" I spat.

He held his hands up in surrender, confused.

"What did--..." he started.

"You told her to fucking time travel! Now he's off to get her!" I hissed.

I moved away from him to calm myself down. This was his fault! He was the one to tell her to do this willingly.

"I didn't know that it would--..." he started.

"Now she's going to...--" I trailed off.

I felt my eyes water, I knew what Don wanted to do. He wanted to turn her into one of them he wanted to make her his experiment, he wanted to for years.

I looked at Harlem and his face expression softened. "You... You love her..." he stated.

I looked at him quickly. Something told me to nod to his answer, but I couldn't. I kept so many secrets from Rain it was killing me. I lied to her so many times, it felt like a routine.

"I can't believe this... Her uncle--" Harlem trailed off.

"I'm not...--" I paused and looked down to the ground. I couldn't even hear myself say it.

"I'm not... Her uncle..." I confessed.

He jerked his head back. "Then what the hell are you?" he asked.

I looked at him. "I'm just... I'm just one of Gabriel's helpers..." I explained.

Harlem shook his head. "What does that even mean?"

"I'm her protector..." I confessed.

Rain

My eyes shot open, I stared at a white ceiling with a ceiling fan going in circles.

"You're awake..."

I looked to the side of me, the guy from the bar stared back at me. I closed my eyes and groaned.

I took a gulp before I spoke. "Who are you?"

"My name is Don... Nice to meet you Crista..." he sarcastically remarked.

I rolled my eyes and sat up. I rubbed my head feeling a sudden headache coming on.

"What did you give me?" I asked trying to concentrate on the pounding of my head.

"Nothing..." he said and walked over to me. "Yet..." he added.

I glared up at him wanting to punch him in the face.

"Why am I here?" I spat.

"Why little Crista... You're my experiment..." He confessed.

I scoffed. "What does that even mean?"

He smirked and vamp sped towards me. "This..."

He bit his wrist and aggressively put it up to my mouth. He pushed me on the bed straddling me. I clawed at his arms as the metallic droplets of his blood touched my tongue.

He pulled away and smiled at me. "Now... For my next step..."

Before I could utter a word, he snapped my neck and my head dropped on the bed.

He killed me.

Literally.