07 | devoted, deceived

Start from the beginning

"Right, um, he stays very focused on our work when we've been together. I hardly see him talk to Festus or Antonius, let alone someone that isn't in his close circle of friends. I more meant that... I haven't seen him when he's not in work mode, so I don't know if he's spoken to anyone like that in his personal time."

Apart from me, Kyra thought.

"Ah..." Medea nodded, a frown tugging at her usually smiling lips.

"That dress looks gorgeous on you, Meddy! Snow won't be able to resist you." Kyra offered warmly, half to cheer up her friend, and half to drive the focus off of herself.

"Thanks, Kyra... I think I'll get it." Medea mustered up a grin, heading back into the changing room, as she asked, "Still haven't found anything you like?"

More like anything I can afford.

"No, not quite. I'm sure I have something at home." Kyra chose to respond instead.

"You know my wardrobe is always available to you!" Medea offered graciously, exiting the changing room a few moments after and heading to the counter.

Behind the counter, a brunette woman, who clearly worked here from her formal, yet trendy attire, was in a heated discussion with a frail blonde woman in an ambitious, orange robe lined in expensive fur.

"I'm sorry, we can't hold items on behalf of someone else." The brunette insisted, trying to reject the silk, crimson dress that the other woman was holding out to her.

"Oh, come on. You sell my designs, I should have some say in when you get to sell this one!" The blonde responded in a sweet voice, her expression soft and gentle despite the sharpness of her features and the piercing blue of her eyes.

"Tigris, I really cannot-"

"Please. You can put it up on Saturday if she doesn't buy it before then. And you can take a cut of 60% for it!"

The brunette glanced at Medea and Kyra as they waited at the counter, offering them an apologetic smile, before turning back to the blonde and reluctantly agreeing in the presence of customers, "Okay, fine, who am I holding it for?"

"Kyra Tanwen." The blonde woman, Tigris, answered.

"Uh, I'm Kyra Tanwen?" The dark-haired woman spoke up, sharing a confused glance with Medea, and adding, "I haven't asked for anything to be on hold?"

"Oh! It's you! Perfect!" Tigris's eyes lit up as she turned to Kyra, holding the crimson dress out to her now instead, "Someone requested to have this dress put on hold for you."

"Who?"

"They would prefer to be anonymous. Let's just say, a friend. They thought this dress would suit you perfectly for an upcoming party I'm led to believe you're attending." Tigris explained in her sweet voice, though her explanation only proved to make Kyra more confused. She had lots of friends, so that didn't whittle it down by much. At least she knew that it definitely could not be one person.

"It's gorgeous!" Medea cooed as she took the dress from Tigris and held it up against Kyra. Her eyes glistened with awe as she cried out, "Oh, it's so you, Kyra. You have to get it!"