That explains it all!

Start from the beginning

"There was a reason, and it's the same reason I haven't told Gretchen or Karen that I'm gay yet." Regina begins to explain.

"So, I'm not supposed to be telling anybody this but since you're such a good friend to me, and I trust you.. Gretchen has some really insane internalised homophobia going on, Jason caught her and Karen making out at Chris's Halloween party last year, Jason attempted to start a rumour that they were dating, but Gretchen shut it down quicker than ever, and Karen does actually really like Gretchen, and Gretchen knows, but in public when people bring up the whole making out situation, Gretchen quickly shuts it out and Karen gets super sad about it, Gretchen now just acts homophobic to avoid anymore assumptions, and I know it seems like I'm yapping too much but I just HAD to tell somebody." Regina takes a big breath.

"Holy shit.. it makes sense now.." Cady nods.

"What does?" Regina asks curiously.

"The other day, when you left the lunch table to get cheese fries, Gretchen asked me if I'd seen any boys that I liked, and I told her I'd rather focus on my schoolwork, she was like "your not a lesbian are you?" And then she was like "I'm not homophobic just don't want people getting the wrong idea about me and Karen" and then Karen just seemed super defeated and I was so confused but NOW it makes sense!" Cady scoffs in a shocked tone.

"Damn... I kinda feel.. bad.. for Karen..." Regina looks down.

"Wow, THE Regina George feeling sympathetic? That's wild." Cady laughs.

"Hey! I am super sympathetic don't even..." Regina pushes Cady in a teasing tone.

"So.. this means that... the entire group of plastics is .. somewhat queer." Cady gives shocked eyes and laughs.

"Yeah well except for our newest addition, you.. obviously." Regina rolls her eyes.

"Uhm yeah I guess so." Cady frowns, not enough for Regina to notice.

"Speaking of bringing up the Halloween party before, Chris is having another one this year.. and it's. a costume party, people get pretty into it." Regina explains.

"Oh yeah I should be there!" Cady smiles.

"Awesome! You should totally come over to my place before the party, I could help you pick the best outfit." Regina giggles.

"Oh yes please! I have no experience with partying .." Cady rubs the back of her neck in embarrassment.

"Nah don't worry about it, been there. Anyways! I'm gonna go, have a shower.. I'll be back in about 30 minutes." Regina gets up from the bed, smiles and walks away.

Cady takes this as an advantage to check out Regina's photo wall, she has  tons and Cady wants to know more about her.

There's tons of photos and selfies of her, Karen and Gretchen.

There's a photo up the top corner, slightly hidden away and not super visible... what is this??

Cady unpins the photo from the board to get a closer look.

It's a photo of Regina and Janis... hugging?? They look so young here ...

Cady turns the photo around to see the back, she reads the words written on the back of the photo.

'To my wonderful, beautiful girlfriend, I hope one day we won't have to be kept a secret.  - love, Janis'

Cady felt her stomach drop to her ankles, she was so unbelievably shocked at the sight before her eyes.

"That's what happened... they dated in secret..." Cady whispers to herself.

She quickly pinned the photo back on the board, she looked down the middle of the board, only to find a like of Photo Booth photos of Regina with a guy.

'What does this one say?' Cady thinks to herself.

She unpins it and reads the back.

'my only lover ever, Aaron Samuels, my handsome boyfriend, love you forever and always 🩶'

Cady felt her heart drop out of her ass at this point.

There was so much Regina hadn't told her.

'But wow.. this Aaron boy... he is... very very attractive .. he sits in front of me in calculus class..' Cady thought to herself.

'Regina surely wouldn't mind if I was into him? I mean I suppose they're exes .. but Regina is gay now so I don't thinks she'd care, right?' Cady's mind was full of thoughts.

She heard footsteps tapping up the staircase outside Regina's door, she quickly pinned up the photo on the board and ran back into bed and pretended to scroll on her phone.

"Ahah!!" Regina opens the door and laughs. "You lazy ass! Don't tell me you just sat here on your phone that whole time?!" Regina's eyes widen.

"Nope! I checked out your photo board!" Cady smiles.

"Oh ... yep that's .. that's fine ... you didn't check the top left corner did you?" Regina looks visibly worried.

"No.. why? Is there something there you don't want me to see?" Cady laughs awkwardly, knowing she'd already read the entire thing about Janis.

"Ahaaa.. no .. no definitely not..." Regina shuddered slightly.

"But who's Aaron Samuel's?" Cady asks.