Chapter 3

Kate's POV
I can't find this lawyer office. I have been searching for hours. I decided to stop and take a quick brake I clicked my phone I and saw that I have 26 missed calls from my mom. 18 messages from my mom an one message from an unknown number.
I slide my thumb across my screen to see a text saying 'hey it's Cameron' I made him a contact and replied I decided to just ignore my mom. I shut my phone of again and walked my bike because I was really tired I kept walking until my phone rang. It was the hospital. I quickly awnsered it I was kind of scared what if something's wrong with Mady.
"hello" my voice was shaky
"hey Kate" Madys quiet voice spoke through the phone.
I was a bit realived that she didn't die.
"hey Mady how have you been feeling?"
"better I can go home in two days"
"really! I can't wait to see you"
" I can't wait to see you either but I have to go I will talk to you at home"
we said out goodbyes and I put my phone in my pocket.
I finally got to the lawyers office and I saw someone right away.
"Hello my name is Mr.Johnson but you can call me Jack"
"hello Jack, I am here because I want to sue my mother."
"Sue your mother? why" he sounded shocked.
I told him my story of how I don't want to be treated like their guinea pig anymore and that I don't want to go for surgery against my will. He was very understanding about it.
My mother was also a lawyer so I the compition will be hard but I have to win I don't want to lose my organs. I mean I love my sister to peices but I can't keep doing these surgerys not only do they hurt they put me into danger.
"We'll Kate you do know that this costs 1,000 dollars" I had the money
"I know I have over 1,000 with me"
I handed him the money and he shook my hand.
"I will serve your mother. she will have the court papers by tomorrow"
with that said I left to go home.
I biked home which only took 15 minutes. When I got home I put my bike away and walked in the front door surprisingly my mom didn't tell at me she just nicely and calmly said
"Kate it's time for dinner"
"Ok just let me wash up"
I walked up stairs and got my self cleaned up for dinner. When I was finished I walked down to the dinner table. we said grace and began to eat. there was awkward silence no one said a word the whole time. I wasn't going to be the one to speak up. as my mom was about to say something my phone rang.
"I'll be right back"
I got up and walked out of the room. I looked down at my phone and saw that it was Cameron.
"Hey Cam"
"I know we just met but do you want to do something tonight?"
"Sure, I'll meet you at the park around 7"
"sounds good see you then"
we said our good byes and I put my phone in my pocket and I walked back to the dinner table.
"Mom can I go hang out with my friend at 7"
"which friend?" she asked. I have to lie to her if she found out I was hanging out with a guy she would 100% say no.
"Kayla"
"oh I love Kayla. sure tell her I said hi"
"will do mom"
I walked up stairs to get ready. I hopped in the shower and did what I needed to do and then when I got out I turned on my curling iron and got dressed while it heated up.
I looked in my closet to get something to ware I wore Madys favourite dress. It meant a lot to me. when I was done getting ready I blow dried and curled my hair. By the time I was done it was 7. I put on my shoes and started to walk to the part to meet up with Cameron.