033. ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏᴡɴ

Start from the beginning

"I know what you said."

"Then why are you asking?" Damon asked.

"Because protecting the location of Klaus's family is my number one priority right now. And the fewer people will know, the better." Suddenly Damon held them all back, and Stefan turned to him, confused. "What?"

But Damon didn't answer as he looked at the house in front of them. Until Damon goes into the house, leaving the other three on the porch.

A hybrid got out of the house and bumped into Stefan, teeth and yellow eyes appearing and Arabella shielded Riley away the scene as Damon ripped the heart of the Hybrid out.

"These hybrids, they are bringing the neighborhood down." He dropped the Hybrid's heart next to its body.

As Bonnie made her way out of the house, she looked down at the body, shook her head and walked over to the car as fast as possible. Arabella and Riley quickly followed her, sitting down at the passenger seat and the backseat.

⭒❃.✮:▹

Mystic fall's high school

 Elena was preparing Caroline's locker for the girls birthday as Bonnie, Riley and Arabella came walking up to her.

"Hey, sorry we're late, we were held up." Bonnie apologized to Elena.

"It's okay." Elena shrugged. "I just got here too."

Arabella however was doubting that. By the way the blonde's locker looked, Elena had to be here already ten minutes at least.

"Could you pass me the balloons?" Arabella handed Elena the balloons and the Gilbert taped them to the locker. "What got you all running late?"

"We were working on some new spells. You?" Arabella asked.

"Working out with Alaric." 

Arabella looked at the locker and thought about the present she had bought for Caroline. She hoped the Forbes would like it.

Bonnie held up the sign with 'happy birthday, Caroline' as she gave Elena a tight smile. Elena took the sign and pressed it on the locker before turning back to Bonnie. "So, I have something I need to tell you, and you're not gonna like it."

"What happened?" Bonnie asked, worriedly.

"Jeremy is gonna be living town for a while. He will stay with old family friend in Denver, until Klaus will blow over." Elena answered.

"Jeremy world just leave you deal with Klaus on your own." Bonnie said, confused.

"I know, I asked Damon to compel him."

Arabella got that. Elena just wanted to protect her family, even if it meant compelling your brother to get out of town.

"You what?" Bonnie asked, sounding hurt.

"I know, Bonnie. But it's not safe here for him anymore. Leaving will give him a better life. The only reason I'm telling you is because I know that you two haven't really walked out on your stuff. And I thought maybe you'd wanna say goodbye."