Chapter Twelve: Classes and Curses

Start from the beginning

"I am fairly certain that both of you are better at potions than I am." I pointed out. 

"Maybe," George said with a shrug, "But, you have the unique advantage of being the best friend of Snape's darling niece, which means that you are more likely to get away with...stealing the ingredients from Snape's store." 

"Are you out of your mind-" I started. 

"Oh, yes," George said, leaning closer to me, "But if there's anything my insane mind is confident in, it is your ability to convince anyone and everyone that you are a harmless, innocent little girl who couldn't possibly be involved with anything nefarious." 

"Oh, of course I can," I pointed out, leaning towards him, "But why should I?" 

"Because we're your favorite people in the world," He retorted, "And you want to help us accomplish our dreams."

"I do, but I'd say I've done more than my fair share of helping you. What's in this for me?" 

"Our eternal gratitude and appreciation." 

"Gratitude and appreciation are the same thing." 

"Ahem." George and I looked up to see Fred staring at us with a bewildered expression. "I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?" 

George and I both shifted away from each other, instantly uncomfortable. 

"Fine, I'll do it," I said, "But if I get caught, you better make sure it doesn't reflect badly on Siara." 

"You got it." Fred said, his eyes shifting between us, lingering on his twin. I looked around, making sure no one was watching me before grabbing my scarab beetles, which would be needed for my Skele-gro healing potion. We needed five for the recipe, so I took one of them, dropping it into my bag, where Bay wasted no time beginning to snack on it. I then raised my hand. 

"Professor?" I asked. Snape sighed, moving over to stand beside our table. 

"What do you need Ms. Scamander?" He asked dryly. I offered him an apologetic look. 

"My Bowtruckle ate one of my Scarebs," I said, "I'm so sorry, Professor. Can I go to the cupboard and get another one." 

He shot me a look, but handed me the key nonetheless. Another student caught his attention and he hurried across the room while Fred slid a list of ingredients across the table. 

"You so owe me." I muttered, taking the slip of parchment.

"Don't we always?" George asked with a smile. 

~~~

By some miracle, I managed to take the ingredients and sneak them back into the classroom without detection. Fred and George spent the class switching back and forth between the potions, with me monitoring the one that was actually assigned. 

After that, we were headed straight to Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Alastor Moody. 

I sat down, once again beside George, and pulled my textbook out of my bag. A shadow appeared beside my desk and I looked up, spotting Moody's wife standing beside me, gazing down at me. 

"Good Morning." I greeted.

"Senicka Scamander." She said. I raised my eyebrows. "Your reputation proceeds you. The other professors speak very fondly of you." 

"Do they?" I asked. "That's nice. You're Professor Moody's wife, aren't you? Acantha, they said?" 

"Good memory," She replied, "It would appear there is more to you than a pretty face."