Chapter Two: Parties and Presents

"This day just gets better and better!" I exclaimed, throwing an arm around each of the twin's necks. 

I was known at Hogwarts for being a pretty friendly person, so I had a lot of friends back at school. But among those friends, none of them were closer to me than Siara Snape and Fred and George Weasley. Siara was my roommate, and a fellow Hufflepuff, so despite being three years younger than me, we had always been close. Fred and George on the other had, were in the same year as I was. I'd met them on the Hogwarts Express my first year, and we'd been inseparable ever since. 

I remember this distinctly, because, throughout the entire train ride, Fred and George had convinced me that they were each other. They even went as far as to have George step up to the Sorting Hat when his brother's name was called. The Hat quickly worked out who was who, and ended up telling them off in front of the entire school. I think we all knew from day one what we were going to be in for for the next seven years. 

"Happy Birthday, Sen." George said as I pulled away from them. "How's it feel, finally being 16?" 

"Exactly the same as 15." I said with a shrug. I had kind of an isolated birthday, as everyone else was born during the school year. Fred and George were already 16 and were set to turn 17 in April, while Siara had turned 14 at the very end of term. The three of them being here was an especially pleasant surprise, as I was the only one with a summer birthday, which meant that I was the only one of us who didn't get to celebrate it together with my friends. 

"Just wait until you see what we've brought you." Fred added. I shot him a suspicious look. 

"I swear, if you two are going to use my birthday as an excuse to test your experiments on me-" I started. 

"I'm offended!" 

"Positively insulted!" 

"We would never do such a thing, would we Fred?" 

"Not to our dear friend, George." 

Siara and I shared a skeptical expression. 

"Ok, so we did bring you some products," George admitted, "But only the ones we've already tested. We had some extras since...Mum burned all our order forms." 

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "Why would she do that?"

"She thinks we're wasting our time. She wants us to go to work in the ministry like Dad and Percy." Fred explained. 

"Senicka!" Mum called. "You can chat with your friends later! Come greet the rest of your guests!" 

"Right, of course," I said, looking at the rest of my family members, all waiting patiently to give me their well-wishes, "Well thank you so much for coming guys. I really appreciate it. I have to go make the rounds, but I'll be back later."  

"Take your time. Its your day after all." Siara told me.

"Besides," Fred stated, "We'll have plenty of time to catch up." 

"That we will." George agreed. I furrowed my eyebrows at their smug tones before slipping between them and following after my mother. 

~~~

I spent the next hour or so following my parents around the park, getting kissed, hugged, and measured up to past memories. I loved my family, and I was grateful they all came here just to see me, but outside of my friends, there was one relative in particular that I was positively itching to talk to. 

"If it isn't my favorite granddaughter." 

I beamed, rushing away from my mother's side and into my grandfather's arms, inhaling the ever-present scent of old leather and freshly cut grass that I'd come to associate with him.