5.

I woke up feeling disoriented, and saw that the time on my clock said 8:46 AM. I slowly sat up, adjusting to the room that had soft sunlight strays entering it. My curtains were closed, even though I don't usually close them. Yet still some strays were seeping beneath them. 

As I got out of bed, I grabbed some soft socks and put them on. I reached for my journal on my bedside table, and hopped back in bed. I opened the pages to where I left off, and realized there was no journal entry yesterday. 

As I thought about yesterday, suddenly all memories came flashing back. Hawks, drinking- lots, kissing, him sleeping over. 

I jumped off my bed again, throwing the journal somewhere in my room, and stumbled to the door as I readjusted the shorts I was wearing. Opening the door, I was met with Hawks standing in my kitchen like it was an everyday activity. 

He looked at me as he heard the door open, and greeted me with a smile. "Mornin', Kid." He waved with a spatula in his hand, and I stood there silent- confused and barely awake as I took everything in. 

I let him stay over.

"Yeah, you were pretty out of it yesterday. But don't worry, I haven't made a mess or anything." Hawks said as if he read my mind. I walked closer to the kitchen, and my eyes fell on Hawks his upper body. He was making breakfast, 

Without his shirt. 

He wore sweats he found somewhere in a closet, and they hung low on his waist. He had defined arms, especially since he was straining them holding onto the pan and spatula. His abs were visible, and he had a toned chest. My face immediately heated up at the sight. He seemed unbothered as he poked at some eggs, softly whistling a random tune before he was aware of the sudden silence.

He looked back up at me, wondering why I went quiet, and I quickly looked away in embarrassment as to tried to hide the fact that I was checking him out. He smirked, but didn't go further on it, most likely to save me from the embarrassment so early in the morning. 

I sat down on a stool at the other side of the kitchen island in my small apartment, and held my face in my hands as I tried to remember more from last night. I groaned in annoyance as I felt dehydrated. 

"Shouldn't I have this major headache?" I softly said as I rubbed my eyes, and Hawks laughed. "No, not really. People usually don't get hangover after their first couple of times of drinking. It gets worse over time." He cockily explained with his spatula in the air, and his eyes lingering on to mine. 

Silence fell between us again as I thought of yesterday's events. 

"I'm sorry for being unprofessional yesterday." I said and cleared my throat after, looking away. "I've said things I shouldn't have said. I hope you aren't weirded out by the situation, as we can explain it on being drunk." I stated and he seemed to think. 

"I was hoping we could talk about it. That's why I stayed." He said and I looked up at him in surprise. 

"I want to get to know you so you can feel comfortable being my sidekick, but I'd also be very interested in getting to know you more so I could take you out, if you don't mind of course." He casually said as he scraped the scrambled eggs out of the pan onto a plate, and I felt my breath hitch in my throat. 

He placed the plate in front of me, and I didn't blink as I kept staring at where I had been before.

"I won't expect you to answer right away. Eat your breakfast first." He ordered and I obliged as I took a small bite, almost functioning on autopilot. After I had taken a couple of bites, I couldn't ignore his words any longer. 

"Hawks-" he held up his finger as to shush me. "Eat your breakfast, then we can talk. You're going to make the wrong decision if you aren't feeling at your very best." He claimed and I decided to not argue and simply enjoy my breakfast. 

"This is good." I admitted as I took a bite, and Hawks proudly grinned and made a plate for himself. 

After I finished breakfast, I sighed as I looked up at him. Hawks was still munching on some of his bacon as he curiously looked up at me and why I had shoved my plate away. 

"We can't be anything other than acquaintances." I flatly told him and Hawks choked on his bacon. I could physically feel his ego inflate.

"Excush mfe?" He said with his mouth full, and I looked up at him with a monotone expression. 

"If we will be sidekicks, I don't want any relationship getting meddled with it. And I am not saying I accept your offer yet, but if I do accept it, we can't have both." I explained as I put my hands in my lap and calmly looked at the kitchen counter. 

Hawks was quiet still, and looked at me as he still had a mouth full, so still that he hadn't even chewed. A split second later he continued eating and looked back down to his plate as if nothing happened. 

"Okay." He said. 

"Okay?" I asked, slightly offended as I thought he would've perhaps been a little more interested as to why. 

"Yeah, okay. I'm persuasive and once I have something in mind, I'll get it. No matter how long it takes." He said as he shrugged and took a sip from his water. 

"Hawks, I don't think you understand. I-" 

"I think you're just scared," He interrupted me and now looked at me with a confident yet icy expression. "Afraid of rejection, kind of closed off from the outside world, unexperienced and not many expectations. I get it, though. Everyone feels like that at some point, it just lasts longer for you." He said, not breaking eye contact as he stood up from his stool and grabbed his plate to put it in the sink.

I was at loss of words after what he had just said. Slightly offended and somewhat confused at his words, I tried to mutter up my own words. 

"You don't know me all that well, Hawks. My personal life and lifestyle is all by choice. I'm not afraid, I simply don't feel the need for any relationship that will bring me nowhere. And no way in hell that I'm going to date a so called womanizer who doesn't do anything other than casual. I am not another one of your playthings, and I wont let you treat me like one." I firmly stated as I crossed my arms over my chest, returning the icy glare he had given me before. 

Hawks looked at me closely before he tilted his head to the side with a smirk.

"So you are scared." He said as his smirk grew. 

I gave him an icked expression as I laughed at his statement. "I don't fear anything other than PE class at UA, Hawks. There is nothing that scares me here." I told him as I grabbed my plate and put it in the sink, standing next to him. "And besides, you might be nice to look at, doesn't mean you can grab my attention." I told him as I looked at him from the corner of my eyes. 

Hawks smirked as he turned around, leaning on to my counter and turned towards me. "Nice to look at, huh?" He confidently repeated which resulted in earning a sigh from me. I turned to look at him to give him another lecture, but he spoke first. 

"You're scared of falling for me and letting that wall you put up crumble apart." He said as he slowly leaned in, his face inches away from mine. "Aren't you?" He cockily smiled and I felt cornered under his gaze. 

"Stop having such a big ego. Just because you can woo other girls in less than a second doesn't mean you'll have me kissing the ground you walk on, Hawks." I confidently said as I ignored his blatant ego. Hawks gave me an all knowing look as he raised his brows. 

"Oh yeah? You sure about that?" He said as he leaned in closer, his lips ghosting over mine. I stiffened as it gave me deja vu from yesterday, although this time I came to my senses quickly enough. I pressed a finger against his lips, which earned a wide eyed look from Hawks. 

I softly pushed him away as I took a deep breath. "I don't want you to kiss me just because you want me to fall for you." I softly mumbled as I looked away. 

"Fine, I can wait until you say the words. You'll want it eventually."