AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello there!

Welcome to Appetence, a Draco Malfoy fanfic! I thought it important to make an author's note for my readers to read before they begin just so you all have some insight into what's included in this story. :)

- This is an enemies to friends to lovers storyline. I like to clarify this at the beginning of all my fanfics due to the fact that I know not everyone enjoys slow burns, so here is me warning you. ;)

- None of the original plot from the Harry Potter series will be taking place in this fanfic. They will be at Hogwarts with many of the well-known characters, but there is not a Voldemort, nor any war happening.

- A very big topic within this story is the fact that our main character struggles with asthma. I will be putting a description of what asthma is as well as how it can affect someone's life at the end of this author's note, please read it. 

- My goal with this fanfic is to be able to reach people who have dealt with the mental aspect of health issues. Personally I have been sick almost my entire life due to health issues and I always wished that there was a character in a book that was not only dealing with health issues, but also struggling with the mental aspect of medical trauma. That is exactly what I am trying to do here. Medical trauma and the ways health issues can affect people mentally are vastly overlooked in my opinion, and so I hope to be able to help at least one person feel heard through my writing. Whether you have asthma or some sort of other diagnosis, hi, I hope you feel understood. :)

ASTHMA (pronounced azmuh):

To give a brief description as to what asthma is, it is "A condition in which a person's airways become inflamed, narrow and swell, and produce extra mucus, which makes it difficult to breathe." 

Asthma is a pretty common health issue, so I'm sure some of you may have it but I would like to clarify that not all asthma is the same. There are different extents as to how bad somebody's asthma is, as well as what certain things trigger it more than others. "Asthma can be minor or it can interfere with daily activities. In some cases, it may lead to a life-threatening attack." The main character in this story would be considered to have severe asthma.

I do not want to see absolutely anyone either making fun of or invalidating the experience of someone with asthma. Those comments will be deleted. 

Feel free to ask questions if you have any! I would love to be able to educate people a little more on the unique experiences of having health issues. :)

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy!