𝟻𝟼| 𝐃𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐀𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞?

Start from the beginning

Your brows furrowed at the familiar voice, yet it wasn't possible. It couldn't be.

Something clattered from outside the house, and you instantly straightened your posture while checking your surroundings. The cord pulled as you stepped away from the kitchen island to look out the windows. No one else was out there.

"Are you listening to me? Huh?" The caller asked in a sharper tone.

"Who is this?" You questioned, eyes brimming with tears as you registered who the voice belonged to. You didn't know how it was possible.

"It's Steven, Y/n..." He replied ominously. "Can't you recognize your own brother's voice?"

You shook your head, fighting back the tears as your jaw tightened. "You're not my brother. My brother's dead. Who is this?"

"You know your brother's voice when you hear it!" The caller grew louder, sounding stern and impatient before a low chuckle emitted. "Now, don't you wanna know my secret?"

You were unable to respond, too scared to speak another word as you tried to fathom how they had Steven's voice.

"Go to the living room and turn on the television." The caller demanded, taking your silence as a yes.

Moving on autopilot, you set the phone down and reluctantly did as he said. As you entered the living room, you grabbed the nearest phone on the console table as they were all connected. You held it to your ear before clicking the TV on.

"I saw him, Casey. I saw my dad with Maureen."

Your eyes widened at the video being played. It was of Steve and Casey standing outside Woodsboro High. From what it looked like, they had no idea they were being recorded.

"My God, Steve. Are you sure?" Casey responded with a hand covering her mouth.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I've been keeping it to myself for so long." He said. "When I confronted him, he told me about mom's secret. He was saying all this shit about how he couldn't forgive her for lying to him. I can't believe he fucking slept with Maureen Prescott."

Your father had an affair? With Sid's mom?

"See the file on the table?" The voice on the phone abruptly switched as you tried to comprehend what was going on in the video. "Read it."

You noticed a blue file sitting on the coffee table that hadn't been there a few minutes ago. Your blood ran cold at the unsettling sight, and you glanced around before grabbing it.

When you opened the file and began scanning through it, you realized everything inside was about your mother. Things you never knew about her. As you flipped through the pages, a picture slipped out. You quickly caught it and held it up to see that it was a picture of your mom and Maureen as young adults—a photo taken together at this very studio.

You continued to skim through the file, stopping on the last page. Your eyes bounced back and forth as you read the contents of it. Before becoming an Orth, your mother's maiden name was Carpenter. There was a birth certificate stapled to the bottom of the paper. To your dismay, the certificate was yours.

The name for your mother was correct, but there was no name for your father. You didn't understand. So, your dad wasn't your real dad? There was so much information to process, that it felt like your head was spinning.

"How am I supposed to tell Y/n?"

You looked up as the video recording was still playing. Your vision grew blurry from the build-up of tears as you continued to watch it until the end.

"It's okay," Casey pulled your brother into a comforting hug. "We'll tell her together. We'll tell her tonight. You don't have to do it alone."

Just before the television shut off, you caught the date at the corner of the screen. It was the same night they were killed. Billy and Stu had killed them before they could tell you.

"𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧." The caller muttered in your ear, bringing you back to reality. "𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞?"

You gasped as Ghostface suddenly charged at you from behind. Both the file and phone fell from your hands as you dodged his attack.

As he crashed into the coffee table, you took the opportunity to escape through the patio doors. He quickly got back up on his feet, chasing after you as you ran around the back side of the house.

You tried your best to maneuver around the dark set without tripping. Though, as you made it around to the front of the house, you looked behind you to find that the killer was no longer there. You held a hand to your head, checking all your blind spots as you began to panic. You couldn't think, all the lies and untold truths were starting to sink in at once.

"Y/n, where are you?!" You heard a voice shout from a distance.

"Dewey!" You screamed out.

You attempted to follow the direction of his voice only to get cut off by the killer. He jumped out from behind the deck and swung his knife at you, and you let out another startled shout as you ducked. You darted around him, spotting an old confection table full of food as you ran by. Shoving it toward the killer, it was enough to knock him down as you bee-lined for the exit.

However, the lights cut on around the set before you could make it. Luckily, you didn't have to run anymore as Dewey and everyone else finally arrived.

"Y/n!" Dewey ran over to you as your knees gave out, causing you to collapse onto the synthetic grass beneath you. "Are you okay? What happened?"

"The killer's here, Dewey. He was inside the house." You cried out, unable to stop your tears from falling as Dewey held onto your arms to help you up. A few officers ran past to check the area after hearing your strained words. "And my brother– I heard him. I heard his voice, he was–"

"It's okay, Y/n. You weren't supposed to come in here." Dewey said, wrapping his arms around you. After what you had gone through, he knew seeing Casey's house like this would only set off another breakdown.

"What happened?" Kincaid rushed over, navigating around the other people who piled into the room, throwing you worried glances.

"Kincaid, hey." One of the officers called after searching the place. "Nobody's here."

"He was here, Dewey." You pulled away, looking back to the mess that was created during your flee. "Whoever it was— he or she, I saw them, I swear."

"I believe you, Y/n," Dewey said while guiding you over to Kincaid. "You know I do."

"We're gonna take you back to the station, ask you a few questions, and keep you under watch until we figure this out, alright?" Kincaid spoke reassuringly. You could tell they were both afraid you might break again if the wrong thing was said.

You just don't understand. You don't understand anything at all. It was like your whole world had been turned inside out.

You were hearing your brother's voice, and now you find out that your mother had lied. That your father wasn't your actual father. Nothing felt real anymore.