"hi james." matt greeted her. jamie couldn't help but notice a twinge of sadness in his eyes. 

"you alright?" she asked him. matt faked a smile and nodded. 

"i'm okay. you two have fun." he said before heading upstairs. jamie noticed chris looking after him with a concerned expression. 

"he's been off for the past couple days." chris told her. "i tried asking him what was wrong earlier, but he didn't give me a straight answer. something about the girl he likes dating someone else." 

"oh." jamie nodded. she saw chris shift uncomfortably, as if he knew exactly what was making matt upset. "so, what movie did you choose?" she asked, attempting to break the silence. chris grinned at her. 

"let's go." he leads her upstairs, toward his room. when he led her inside, jamie gasped. a tray of popcorn, chocolates, and cans of pepsi lay on the bed. 

"chris, oh my god." she looked at her boyfriend. "this is so cute." 

"just wait 'till you see the movie." he pointed to the tv in the corner of his room. jamie's jaw dropped when she saw the movie waiting to be played. 

"tangled." she said, her voice full of excitement. chris beamed. 

"it's your all time favorite movie." he explained. "i figured that since we both couldn't choose, we'll just watch one we both like." 

"i'm going to start crying." jamie said as she sat down on the bed, facing the tv. "chris, this is perfect."

"what can i say? i'm just that great." chris sat down next to her. jamie laughed and shook her head. 

"shut up." 

"kiss me and maybe i will." chris replied, slyly. jamie rolled her eyes. 

"you're so corny." she said before leaning in and pecking the boy on the lips. "is that better?"

"much better, thanks." chris smiled at her again. "are you ready to start?"

"oh, i'm always ready for 'tangled.'" jamie said, snuggling up against chris as he pressed play on the remote. the two watched the movie, with jamie singing along to the songs while chris watched her with a smile. halfway through the movie, just before rapunzel wakes up on her eighteenth birthday, chris gets up to refill the popcorn. 

"i'll be right back." he says, giving jamie a kiss before leaving the room. jamie looked after him, a small smile making it's way to her lips. she couldn't believe she scored a guy this amazing. dating him had been the best four years of her life and she honestly could not have it any other way. jamie was scrolling through pictures on her phone when she heard voices coming from the room across from chris'. 

"chris, i swear to god i'll kill you." she heard matt say. "don't put yourself through that on my account."

"matt, you can't just sit there and tell me that after what you told me earlier." chris replied, his voice slightly raised. "you're my brother. i have to do whatever it takes not to hurt you."

"but don't do this, chris. is it really worth it? you love her more than anyone."

"shut the fuck up, matt. she's literally in the other room."

jamie stopped listening. she didn't want to know what they were arguing about, but it was scary that she was even mentioned. what did chris want to do? and why was matt saying it wasn't worth it? so many questions were racing through her head, but she ignored them. it's not good to eavesdrop, she told herself.

"hey." chris' voice startled her out of her thoughts. "i brought the popcorn, plus some other snacks." he said, putting on a fake smile that jamie saw right through.