Prologue

ICT was on an England tour, and this time the squad was comprised solely of junior players and Rohit and Virat were the only seniors with the squad. Notably absent were players like Jinks, Bhuvi, Ash, and Jads, some of whom were dropped, while others were sidelined due to health issues. Virat was expected to join the squad two weeks later due to personal reasons. Leaving, Rohit as the sole senior player leading the squad. The responsibility weighed on his shoulders, but he embraced it with the same determination that defined his captaincy. Virat, Bhuvi, Jinks, Jaddu, and Ash knew Rohit, he had always considered the Indian Cricket Team as his family, and they would often tease Rohit about his particular fondness for the younger players. He consistently looked out for them, gave them opportunities, protected them, backed them, loved them and why would not he, after all, they are like his younger brothers, his kiddos, and he cherished the bond he shared with them. Likewise, even the juniors loved, respected, and admired their Rohit Bhaiya. Rohit firmly believed that the Indian Cricket Team would trust him, even if the whole world was against him The ICT; his brothers, and his kiddos would be there for him but fate was about to prove him brutally wrong very soon. Shockingly, the junior members of the Indian Cricket Team did not trust Rohit. Accusations of match-fixing and deliberately losing the final match of the 2023 World Cup were hurled at him. Rohit was shaken to see that his kiddos would trust the rumors and direct hate-filled comments towards him, breaking his heart. Rohit could never imagine even in his dream that one day his kiddos, his own younger brothers wouldn't believe him.

They say life has its own way of reminding us that fate can be a BIG, unpredictable, and sometimes HARSH bitch. Well for Virat, fate had a totally different and horrifying script in mind. Having completed his personal work early, he decided to join the team one week earlier in hopes of surprising his bestie and soul brother, Rohit. But what Virat did not know was that he would end up getting surprised instead of Rohit. As he walked into the team hotel, he was greeted by an unusual silence. The usual banter and laughter that echoed through the corridors were missing. However, Virat dismissed the absence of it, fueled by his excitement to surprise his Ro. He could already imagine the joy on Rohit's face when he would see him earlier than expected. Upon reaching Rohit's room, Virat decided to burst into the room, with a mischievous grin, expecting Rohit's surprised and then happy expressions. However, the moment he opened the door the scene that unfolded left Virat to gasp in utter shock, his eyes widening and his mischievous grin quickly fading.

The next thing he knew was that a team physio was examining Rohit in the room. The team physio then updated Virat on Rohit's condition, apart from that, the team physio also revealed that Rohit had been taking sleeping pills and anti-anxiety medication to cope with his troubling thoughts. Virat staggered and sat down with a thud, his face registering shock. The only thoughts racing through his mind were, firstly, What exactly happened in the last one week when he was not with Rohit? Secondly, whoever caused Rohit to reach this distressed state would face severe consequences!

------

Hey guys, I am starting a new book...and I hope you like this little story idea of mine, I wanted to write this for a long time and finally today I have time to write it, LMAO. 

Do let me know how was this!

PS. Feel free to drop your comments or requests below!