Chapter 1

This chapter is written by  Pennthedragon ! Our chapters will be about 600 words, so it's not obnoxious for the reader to read and so it's not obnoxious for us to write XD

November seventeenth, a normal day, a normal month. Nothing strange, nothing to tell what would happen.

In Portsmouth, Portsmouth School of the Arts, there were two normal girls, Charlotte and Emilyne. (But Emilyne went by Emi) They were normal girls, except they were talented in acting and playing the piano. Charlotte was of average height and sporty. Her skin was deeply tanned, making it a deep golden brown. Her hair was midnight black and streaked through with silver string. Her eyes reminded everyone she met of warm caramel candy. Charlotte had the most gorgeous voice while singing but preferred acting.

"Ay! Emi!" Charlotte shouted, "Ready?"

Emi ran out of the piano room with her backpack open and her face beaded with sweat.

Emily was pale and thin. Her hair was a golden blonde that shone in the sun. Her eyes were a sparkling Jade. She always wore black winged eyeliner and rhinestones above her eyes. Her nails were always painted black, and she wore her "famous" black fishnet tights that had gotten her dress-coded many times before. She wore a soccer jersey on top despite not matching her pants. In her closet, nothing matched. But she was fine with it.

"Let's go!" Emi yelled back.

They ran to the stairwell to go up from the basement, where their classes were. "Okay, we have three minutes to get to science or detention." They rushed upstairs from a secret staircase they had found during their first year at the School of the Arts. Emi stopped at her locker and got her book before entering the science room.

Charlotte tried to open the door, but it was locked. One minute, they had one minute to get inside for attendance. Charlotte banged on the door and tapped her foot on the floor. Emi had started reading her book while walking to her class. And within a minute, she was already engrossed in the plot.

"Finallyyyyyy," Moaned Emi. She hadn't cared about what was happening in real life but did not need another detention for her mom to yell at her for.

"It's your fault, you're late, Emi." A familiar face said. But it wasn't a good familiar face; it was Connor, Emi's enemy since fifth grade. Her eyes fixed on him with a glare worth daggers when she walked through the door to her science class.

"Charlotte Manning? Charlotte Manning? Has anyone seen her? No Charlotte Manning." Mr. Lance called.

"Wait! Wait, wait, wait! I'm here!" Replied Charlotte as she slid into her chair.

"Oh, good." Mr. Lance whispered.

A boy who sat at Charlotte's table fist-bumped her.

Charlotte was a textbook queen bee, rich, smart, prom queen, friendly, and picture-perfect beautiful. Everyone loved Charlotte: teachers, classmates, boys, everyone. Emi always wondered how I was friends with her. Emi was a textbook outcast, always spaced out, blasting her music, and wearing dark makeup.

Halfway into the Physics lesson, a girl started talking to Charlotte, and because Charlotte was friendly to everyone, she answered. "Ms. Manning, talking in my class is very disrespectful. Detention after school today," Mr. Lance told her with his heavy country accent.

"But, b-b-but." Charlotte stuttered before shutting her mouth.

"Detention, Miss Manning!" Mr. Lance responded. "Mr. Bryan and Mr. Rhye in the back, detention for you too!"

No one had noticed them, but at that, everyone turned to the boys who were chatting away.

Connor (and Hayden. He was cute) Charlotte drew in a quick breath realizes that this detention might be  a chance to figure out Emi and Connor's past. Maybe this isn't such a bad thing...