"What I do with my wife is none of your concern, bodyguard," he moved towards me with his bossy attitude, thinking he could intimidate me and speak directly to my face.

"That's enough!" I heard Maribel shout from behind as she stepped in front of me in two quick steps. "No one is saying anything about what you do with Maya in private or in public. He is just concerned about her safety, and to be honest, I am concerned for both of you. Without an alarm, without closing the door properly, you could have been attacked by a wild animal or an illegal hunter that roams around here, not caring who you really are." I could see how his face changed as my fairy spoke with confidence, protecting her ground.

"Maribel," he started, but she wasn't done.

"This is the last time you use that insulting tone to describe his job. He is the bodyguard who has saved the woman you are married to countless times." My fairy protected me, and not just that, she stepped back and held my hand.

"What is the meaning of that, Maribel?" he asked, a look of wonder on his face.

Without even looking at him, as our eyes locked, and I assured her she could say what she wants. "He is my man. We are in love with each other." Oh, those twinkling green eyes are making my poor heart palpitate faster and faster as she declared our relationship.

"This was fast, Robertito," Maya teased, with her irony, which I knew was in response to what I said earlier about their hurried marriage.

Not averting my fairy's eyes, because how in the world can someone do that, "We have known each other for around a year, more than one month of speaking, and last night, we decided to give each other a chance, or our hearts would explode.”I retorted,” Am I right, my fairy?" I asked my charming pixie, who had a pearl tear slips from her eye. I tracked it with my eyes, and before it fell, I caught it with my lips on the edge of her jaw.

"Okay, that's enough. She is my little sister, and I don't want to witness this kind of intimacy," he brushed his hand through his hair in an annoying way. I enjoyed his stiffness, at least he isn't witnessing something forbidden like what I had seen earlier.

"Fairy, this place is overcrowded now. What do you think if we go somewhere else? What we both have in mind can't happen with them around."

"Hey Smarty, if you didn't see outside, it's already night, and I will not let my sister go out in the wilderness with you." He is stupid because right now he just touched my shoulder, but my fairy held my hand; otherwise, he would be flying to the other side of the room.

"I didn't ask you, man, and don't worry, I am able to protect her. Also, I will not leave my angry princess alone in the forest." I made sure to emphasize the "angry" part, as she was looking just like the Angry Bird that my nephew loves to watch.

"Look, man! She is married to me now, and if someone has the right to call her princess, it is only me and her father." I could see how his jaw ticked, just like mine. If our ladies weren't present, I would give him a taste of my fist. I know I am being a jerk now. He has all the right to act like that, but I don't know why I don't like him anymore. No, I am not jealous of him. I was happy when they announced their engagement, but something is bothering me. Something isn't right with his character. I hope I am wrong, or I will break his bones if I ever witness him mistreat Maya.

"You are right. From now on, I will call her as I always do, Maya. Happy!" I taunted him, which displeased him. Frustration was evident in his eyes. He wants to give me a good beating, too, as he clenched his fingers. He is boiling today, and it isn't for nothing. The man lost his father and came here to find peace, and I am breaking his peace.

Although I will keep an eye on him, I need to let go of my prejudice and be human, at least tonight. "You're right, compadre. It's nighttime outside, and I don't want to become a feast for wolves either, but I am not going to eat in that kitchen." I shook his shoulder to calm him down and spoke freely, like two old friends. Wolves don't bother me at all. I am well trained for any kind of forest or jungle too. If I can face a Bengal tiger and an African cheetah, well, I am pretty sure that some forest bear or wolves can't beat me.

"Let's have a barbecue party. After all, we brought everything we needed for it." My heart owner moved closer and tangled her arm with mine as she spoke her mind. It was a great idea.

"Sarahi doesn't eat any kind of meat," he immediately objected, a response I liked to hear from him.

"Don't worry, she can eat yogurt. After all, she can survive if she eats it for the rest of her life. Isn't that right, Maya?" I teased her, and she responded by tangling herself in his arms, mirroring my fairy.

To be honest, they look made for each other. He looks at her with tenderness and affection, just the way I see my fairy.

****
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️