19

Chapter 19

The departure list was finalized for three days later. In addition to Su Qiao and Yang Ru, there were two lesbians and six gay men left, including Jiang Xiuze.

Because of the confidentiality of the event, the institute did not hold a farewell ceremony with much fanfare. Everyone gathered around, said some words, gave some things away, and left in the car.

They have to take a car to the train station, where there will be a train taking them to the plateau.

"Although I was very excited, I still couldn't bear to part with it." This time, Jiang Xiuze was also on the list to go to the plateau.

She was cooking eggs. Before she left, her comrades at the institute gave them to her. They didn't give her many eggs, but there were seven or eight. When the weather was cold enough, one could eat two. Three days.

"Me too. When I think about not knowing when I can come back, I feel unsure." Another lesbian who went with them was named Du Juan. She was older than Su Qiao and Jiang Xiuze and looked very calm.

"Don't be afraid! Difficulties are meant to be defeated, not to be feared. Since we have won such a good opportunity, we must not regret it!" Yang Ru said.

"Yes, Team Leader Yang is right. We have gone through many hurdles to get this opportunity. We can't just give up halfway!" Jiang Xiuze said.

Not only her, but everyone in the carriage had this idea. Everyone got on the train excitedly, looking forward to the upcoming new journey. But soon, everyone's enthusiasm was froze by the biting cold wind. I was shivering.

"Oh my god, why is it so cold?" Jiang Xiuze felt that his hands were turning into ice. From the moment he got off the train, every step he took outside was like stepping on the snow with bare feet. Goosebumps covered his body. All frozen.

Jiang Xiuze had already wrapped herself in two large cotton-padded jackets, but she still felt that it was not enough. She kept swaying. At this moment, something warm was suddenly stuffed into her hand. When she lowered her head, she saw that it was a white Cloth bag.

"What is this?" Jiang Xiuze looked at Su Qiao.

"Hand warmer bag."

This was actually made by Su Qiao based on the "warm baby" of later generations. This kind of hand warmer that heats up after contact with the air is not difficult to make, but Su Qiao has limited materials and cannot make one that can stick It's on your clothes, but it's totally fine to hold it in your hands to warm your hands.

Su Qiao took out all the hand warmers in the bag and gave two to each person, asking everyone to put them in their pockets. They can both keep warm and warm their hands. "Don't be afraid of wasting it. I still have a lot of them here."

The warmth in the palms of her hands The heat finally made everyone calm down, and they were extremely grateful to Su Qiao: "Team Leader Su, your brain is too flexible. You have made such useful things!" "No,

you don't either. Let's see who is this year's top pick!"

"I asked why Team Leader Su's bag is so heavy. It turns out it contains all these things."

Everyone has a lot of luggage, because they are going to the plateau, the temperature is low and there are few supplies. Everyone packed a big bag full of clothes, but Su Qiao's luggage was not only large but also heavy. At first, everyone thought it contained books or something like that, but they didn't expect it to be this.

Su Qiao has been preparing this hand warmer bag for a long time. Although she has never really been to the plateau, she also knows that the altitude here is high and the temperature is low, especially now that it is almost entering winter. Use all methods.

Everyone relied on the warmth of their hand warmers and kept walking forward against the cold wind. Finally, after walking for almost half an hour, a black truck appeared in front of everyone.

A hand came out of the passenger seat and waved: "Are you a comrade from the fifth institute?"

"Yes, I am the team leader Yang Ru." Yang Ru walked up and talked to the man for a few words, and then waved: "Everyone Come here, comrade soldiers!"

The air force team that went to the plateau with the Fifth Research Institute arrived a few days before them. After arranging various instruments and equipment, deputy captain Gao Ying saw that the weather was too bad, so he started The truck came over to meet everyone.

Although ten people came to the Fifth Research Institute, the truck compartment was spacious, and there were cushions made by the villagers for everyone, so it could seat many people. Gao Ying smiled and said: "The big guy will sit in the back. Let some lesbians sit in the front seats."

No one had any objections, and the gay men took their things and went back.

As for Su Qiao, although she didn't react much to the severe cold, she felt extremely sick to her stomach as soon as she entered the carriage. It seemed that her severe motion sickness had not been cured even after traveling through time.

Su Qiao didn't say anything. As soon as she got in the car, she leaned back and closed her eyes to rest. Du Juan and Jiang Xiuze were in good spirits, and they and Gao Ying had been asking about the living environment on the plateau.

Although Gao Ying was a soldier, he was very cheerful and talkative, and explained the situation clearly.

As the truck continued to move forward along the bumpy road, Su Qiao felt more and more uncomfortable. She especially wanted to ask how long it would take to arrive, but she was afraid that she would feel vomiting as soon as she opened her mouth.

At this moment, the car suddenly stopped, and the driver who had been silent since getting in the car said, "Give her a little of this."

He threw a small bottle over, and Jiang Xiuze was stunned for a moment before he realized that he was next to her. Su Qiao's face looked extremely ugly. She quickly applied the Fengyoujing that the man threw over to Su Qiao and asked, "Qiaoqiao, are you feeling better?" The

stimulation and coolness of the Fengyoujing dissipated some of the suffocation. , Su Qiao nodded: "Yeah."

"Then lean back and rest for a while." Jiang Xiuze doesn't get motion sickness, but she has heard others say that people who get motion sickness must take a good rest.

She returned Fengyoujing to the driver: "Thank you, comrade."

Gao Ying smiled and said, "This is our captain, Zhao Qingzhou."

"What a coincidence, Qiaoqiao is also our captain." Jiang Xiuze said with a smile. .

Su Qiao didn't have the energy to speak, and it wasn't until she got out of the car that she found the opportunity to say thank you to Zhao Qingzhou.

Zhao Qingzhou nodded: "It takes a little effort." After saying that, he was about to leave, but suddenly turned around and handed the bottle of wind oil essence to Su Qiao: "There should be times when it comes in handy in the future, just take it."

Su Qiao was stunned, and suddenly thought that she would have to fly in the future, and the bumps might be even worse...

She thought about it and accepted the gift: "Thank you."

Their new base is a certain distance from the nearest village. In order to ensure basic living needs, Gao Ying would drive a truck to the village to exchange supplies every other day, and it was the same today.

After Gao Ying had people carry the supplies to the kitchen, he took Su Qiao and others to the dormitory.

The environment here was just as Su Qiao imagined, simple and plain. Even the windows were covered with newspapers. Cold wind kept coming in through the gaps. The temperature in the whole room was almost the same as outside.

"Qiaoqiao, should we repair this window?" Jiang Xiuze tightened the hand warmer Su Qiao gave her, feeling that she might freeze to death here at any time.