{~~~CHAPTER FOUR~~~}

Sorry for the long wait guys~ :)

I sat on the floor with my back pressed against Kuro's flank as he lay behind me, enjoying the warmth from the fireplace. It's been only an hour and I was already engrossed in this book. It turns out that the story follows the adventures of a ninja named Naruto, a name that the author Jiraiya came up with while eating ramen. Naruto never gives up and vows to break the "curse", which represents the cycles of war, conflict, and hatred that occupies the ninja world. The book is actually dedicated to Nagato because this idea was first spoken by him.

I was at the part where Naruto enters a war he was not supposed to when I heard a soft knock on the door. A low growl came from Kuro as he sniffed the air while I stood up to go answer it. "Who is it." I demanded before opening the door and greeting the person first. What if it was an intruder? I won't have time to close the door before they dragged me out to who knows where.

"It's me." I heard the person say. It's the same monotone voice that I had encountered after hours of running. What was his name again? I pondered  on that thought for a second before answering. "Sasuke?" I heard a scoff on the other side. "Who else would be here at this time of night?" I decided not to answer that, instead I opened the door for him. Kuro's growls grew louder as he stared at Sasuke with his amber eyes.

Sasuke stood there for a few moments looking from me to Kuro and back again before raising an eyebrow at me. "Who's that?" I sighed before motioning to the bulk of orange and black next to me. "This is Kuro, he's my summoning tiger." I petted Kuro's head to stop him from growling. Eventually he gave up and lay down next to the fireplace, his eyes still fixed sharply on us.

"So was there anything you need?" I wanted to get this over with because I really wanted to know what happened next in the book. I crossed my arms across my chest while I waited impatiently for him to talk. "Madara wanted you to lead us to the barren lands so we can scourge around the place." What was Obito thinking. Has he gone mad! No one came back alive from the barren lands, and its too creepy to let alone go near it.

"He's going to get us all killed." I dragged a hand across my face before sighing. "He said if you were there nothing would happen. I'm not so sure about that part though." He leaned against the door frame as I thought of the various ways to kill Obito. "I guess so. When does he want us to leave?"

"By dawn tomorrow." There goes my life. "He better be telling the truth about me. Even I don't know the full extent of my power." That's not true. I know very well the full potential of my power, but if they find out....what will they think of me? I took a deep breath to calm my nerves before facing him.

"I'll be waiting by the front entrance." He nodded before leaving. I closed the door before sighing for the third time today. Kuro looked at me with worry evident in his eyes. I sat next to him and petted his head while I picked up the book. I stared at the cover before thinking sleep would be better to get ready for tomorrow. This could be a reward for when I get back.

"If" I get back.