Chapter 2

"Well that was useless," Walburga Black tsked, "there was no reason to watch that."

"Hush Walburga," Orion hissed at his wife, "if the goddess hears, she may smite us."

"I wonder why the goddess showed that though," Gloria Greengsass huffed, "why did she have to show such an embarrassment to our family legacy?"

"Knock it off Goria," Guenevive Delancy turned to her cousin, "you're being needlessly rude."

"My sister is a harlot in the future," Gloria shouted, "of course I'm humiliated!"

"Why you little-" Guenivive's words were cut off by a glare from her brother, who pointed at Larissa. The poor girl seemed as if she had just wanted to get this over with.

June 16th, 1980

"Bonjour Ms. Larissa" a kind looking old woman greeted Larissa, "how are the darling triplets?"

"No way," Albus Dumbledore sucked a breath in, "that's not possible."

"The triplets are doing quite well," Larissa responded in turn, "in fact, Layla rolled over for the first time this morning. It was rather exciting."

"I'm glad to hear," the woman put a wrinkly hand on Larissa's shoulder, "now, I believe my husband wanted you to assist him in the lab today. He had a rather bad bout of pneumonia, and is too weak to do many things himself."

"I'll be right on it Perenelle," Larissa tells the elederly woman, "though would you like me to prepare some tea before?"

"That would be wonderful," Perenelle sits down, and Larissa prepares some tea, before heading to the lab.

"Is that who I think it is?" Antiope and her family's jaws dropped to the ground.

"I don't understand," Larissa turns to them, "what's so surprising about all this? As far as I can tell, I got a job assisting an elderly man in a lab."

"That's not just any old woman," Albus Dumbledore, overhearing Larissa, explained, "that's Perenelle Flamel. Nicholas and Perenelle have never hired anyone to work in their labs. There must be something special about you Ms. Greengrass."

"Flamel!" Larissa's parents gasped, "as in the philosopher's stone?"

"The very same," Dumbledore stroked his beard, "I wonder what dear Nicholas was thinking. The last time he interacted with youngsters was when I sent Newton to him all those years ago."

Larissa couldn't believe her ears. She was going to work under Nicholas Flamel!

"Can you please crush the ores over there?" an old man who must be Nicholas Flamel asked as soon as she entered, "oh, and good morning."

"Good morning to you as well Nicholas," Larissa shakes her head amusedly, "I'll get right to it."

January 26th, 1980.

"That's rewinding," James Potter whispered to Sirius Black, "I wonder why it didn't just show this first."

"Maybe for drama's sake," Sirius suggested, "it could make things more entertaining for us."

"Speaking of," Remus Lupin asked, "can any of you guys tell why we're here? I'm pretty sure I've never met Larissa Greengrass in my life."

"I've seen her at a few balls," Sirius said after a few seconds of thought, "but otherwise no."

"What if we're all here because we're going to have a role in the war?" James suggested, not realizing that he had caught the room's attention.

"And why would you think that Mr. Potter?" Professor Dumbledore asked, not unkindly.