"What?"

"We can only eat junk food once a month on weekends." Minji clarified.

"I can have some at work but whenever I'm about to walk into the restaurant, I feel like I cheat somehow like... I can imagine their eyes judging me, you know?"

"That's nonsense but also incredible. I wish I could have what you have."

Minji watched her best friend looking at her son attentively. She could see the yearning in Ryujin's eyes. She quickly finished her meal, cleaning the leftover then washed her hands.

"Ryu?"

"Hm?"

"I thought you're seeing someone?"

"No, I'm not."

"Why? Do you still have feelings for Yeji?" Ryujin snorted.

"It's been ages, Minji. I've forgotten her long ago."

"Then why?"

"I don't know," she shrugged as nonchalantly as she could.

"I don't know where to begin, I guess? I tried to go out on a date but it ended as fast as it started. All become meaningless and I feel like I'm wasting my time. I have no idea what I'm doing now. I have enough wealth but what are these for?"

"You know, my best friend once told me when I was pretty much in your position that someday I'd get over my grief and start over with someone new as long as I keep my heart open and just believe. It took me long enough to recover, but I'm here now. You can have it, too. Whatever happened between you and Yej-"

"This is not about her-"

"It has always been about her. You don't have to deny it. It's always about her. I know exactly how you feel." Minji squeezed Ryujin's shoulder.

"I've been in your shoes before."

"I'm not getting younger, Minji," Ryujin sank to the couch.

"I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone."

"Everyone has their own pace, Ryu. You're never too old or too young, too late, too fast. Give yourself freedom, settle down, let all your resentment go. See people who they are, they're not Yeji."

Taking a long deep breath, she mumbled a low "okay."

"Make peace to your soul, Ryujin. It's how I manage to get by."

******

Both Hanni and Minji had come to an agreement that Minji would look after Aorta at night and Hanni would do her part during the day. Fortunately, Artery and Venous didn't seem to mind when they had to stay at hospital day care. They'd Facetime their brother anytime Aorta awake to ease the longing.

Minji thrust Aorta's lower jaw till his mouth closed perfectly then started to suck the mucous out from his nose. He couldn't blow it out by himself since it was too hard and confusing to him. There was a suction catheter for another option but it's very much unpleasant and distressing for Aorta.

Sucked, spitted the mucous out, sucked, spitted the mucous out... till Aorta could breath better.

Aorta scrunched his nose, rubbing it furiously.

"Better, Baby?"

"Aorta's nose is a bit itchy."

"Wait a bit." Minji went to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. Done with that, she sloped under the cover beside her son and scratched his nose softly.

"Where's Mommy, Dada?"

"She's on the way here, Baby."

"Can Aorta meet Venous and Artery today, Dada? Can we go home?" The boy gotten better and better each day. He had been fever free for three days. He didn't cough that much anymore. And he also had completed his antibiotic treatment.