VIII. ꜱᴜᴅᴅᴇɴ ʀᴇᴜɴɪᴏɴ

DAY 337 OF MONSTERIZATION OUTBREAK

Lee Eun-yu had a reputation amongst the other survivors in the stadium. She felt she was doing them all a favour by not seeing her whenever she snuck out and into the city.

She had no one left... not that she seemed to care.

Yoon Ji-su was dead. So was Su-yeong and Hye-in.

She knew Eun-hyeok was alive... he had to be.

Sung-hyo and Ji-ji... she had no clue. But if they were, she would bet they were with Hyun-su, whom she hadn't seen since he gave himself to the military.

After the government bombed the stadium, a platoon and other soldiers who witnessed the downfall of the government rounded up the survivors of the stadium's attack and brought them underground.

They had all been there ever since, doing mandatory checkups to make sure everyone they had under their watch was still human. But almost all of the known information about monsters was coming up to being a year old. People would soon have their doubts, whether that happened in a week, a month or another year.

Checkups involved all the survivors cutting a line across the back of one of their hands. If the hand healed within the next minute or two, that was enough to raise suspicion.

Eun-yu despised them.

She would always never stay in her designated place for long, and instead would show her wound to the first soldier she saw before heading off.

No one knew where. Well, those who never paid attention to her never knew where she would go every single day.

A few people knew. And those people seemed to have a vendetta against her.

ᶠYͧoͨᵏu

Eun-yu despised many things about where she was currently staying, but Ye-seul was, without even a glint of doubt, very high up the list. The girl was the daughter of Cheif Ji, who the survivors saw as someone who understood their problems and was supportive.

Eun-yu, however, knew that the chief hated her for murdering her husband.

If only she knew...

Ye-seul had been growing very bored (surprise, surprise) in the stadium, so she'd begun skimming through some books on languages that her mother kept around.

Today, while she was making some weird concoction (because to her, everything else was now boring as hell), Ye-seul was practising her French pronunciation. She chuckled as she repeated a certain word in French around three times, "Sounds fucking ridiculous."

The door opened behind her as the girl added a spoonful of curry powder. She paid no mind... until she reached for the beer again and found it gone. Turning around, she found Sun-hwa, a woman Chief Ji had taken in, downing the beer.

"Hey, stop! No! What the hell are you doing?" Ye-seul ran to the woman, grabbing the beer and trying to get it out of Sun-hwa's grip. When she finally did, she moved away so Sun-hwa couldn't grab it again. "Have you gone mad? Let go, you crazy bitch."

"Please, I'm... Let me have some," Sun-hwa pleaded, a bit of beer still on her face after the drink had accidentally splashed on her. 

"No. Come on. Jesus Christ..." Ye-seul muttered as she sat down, ensuring the beer was now further away from Sun-hwa.