Happy Ending or New Beginnings

Start from the beginning

Tahir nodded and walked ahead of them into the terminal. Can grabbed his baseball cap and sunglasses out of his travel bag and took Sanem by the hand. She prayed that the paparazzi weren't alerted of their arrival. She just wanted a smooth exit out of the airport for once.

As they stopped by the immigration booth to show their passports, Sanem felt a tug on her dress. Not knowing what it was, she spun around to find the most beautiful little girl she had ever seen looking up at her in wonder.

Instantly kneeling down so she could see her face to face, Sanem smiled and asked her what her name was. Suddenly a woman appeared and apologized over and over again as she picked up her daughter.

 Suddenly a woman appeared and apologized over and over again as she picked up her daughter

It's Ok! We were just getting acquainted, Sanem said softly, seeing the woman's face relax.

My name is Kiraz, the little girl said clearly. She was about 9 years old by what Sanem could figure.

Kiraz's mom gasped when she heard her daughter speak so freely to this stranger. She was usually painfully shy and was having trouble in school because of it. She had lost her dad recently and the whole family was extremely worried about her. She had hardly spoken a few words ever since the loss.

Kiraz. What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl, Sanem said with a warm smile.

You are the dancer, yes? Kiraz asked bravely.

OH, yes I am. How did you know that? Sanem asked, her head tilting to the side.

Her mother answered, Kiraz heard about you and your story. We live in a mahalle as well and she was enamored with you. I took her see you perform recently to cheer her up. We've had a devastating loss recently. But ever since she saw you dance, she has been so happy! I'm Defne, but the way. It's such a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Aydin.

Sanem told her to please just call her by her name and upon hearing of their loss, her heart melted and she had to force back the tears that threatened to fall as she listened to Defne tell her more about their story. 

Can had turned around and heard the whole encounter. Smiling at his beautiful fiancé, he could tell by her facial expressions that she was moved by this encounter. He stayed close so she could feel his presence.

I want to be just like you when I grow up, Ms. Sanem, Kiraz said proudly. I want to dance on stage one day and make people happy like you made me happy.

Sanem put her hand to mouth as she fought for control of her emotions. This could have been her at that age. She thought about what it would have been like to have met the beautiful ballet dancer she had seen at that performance so long ago.

Fighting back tears, she took her by the hand and said, Kiraz, you can be anything you want to be. Now it will take hard work but I believe in you. You will be the most beloved dancer in all of Turkey one day. Could I come and see you perform when you do?