3. Nightmares

You have finally escaped Hydra. You were running trough the forest with Leo, the one you considered a brother, as 6 agents ran after the two of you.

Fear started building up inside of you. You had to keep going. You had to escape.

The Hydra agents were getting closed. One grabbed your arm and almost tripped you, but you shot magic his way, probably killing him. You killed all of them the same way. Out of pure panic and exhaustion.

"You monster!" Leo was shouting. "How could you kill them?"

You tried to explain it to him, but he continued calling you a monster and pinned you down. Hydra agents stopped next to him. "Good job, Agent Leo" one said, grabbing you. You started crying as you realized he never even loved you and lied to you this whole time.

That day, 3 years ago, was the last time you cried.

You woke up suddenly and gasped. It was just a dream, you reassured yourself. You slightly flinched when knocked at the door.

"Y/n, it's Nat. Can I come in?"

"Sure" you answered.

Nat came in. She sat next to you on the edge if the bed and pulled you into a hug.

"Nghtmares?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah, but I'm alright" you told her.

"What was it about?" Nat asked, pulling away to look at you.

You shook your head slightly. You couldn't talk about that. You sighed and, after a few minutes, Nat left you to sleep.

You fell asleep quickly. Just when your brain threatened to show you another painful memory, you felt magic surrounding you. You managed to fsll into a deep, dreamers sleep after that, the reassuring presence of that magic helping you.

*

After breakfast, you teleported to the library to read. You lied on the couch and started reading Y/f/b.

2 hours later, Loki teleported there with a novel and put it back, seeming disappointed.

"Midgarian lecture" He mumbled.

"What book was that?" You asked curiously.

"Something named fifty shades of grey", he said.

You started laughing. He looked at you, confused. "What?"

"That's probably the worst you could find" you told him. "Here" you said, handing him the Harry Potter books. "You'll like them"

He slightly nodded and sat on the opposite side of the couch. You read in silence for some time. When he finished the first book, he teleported it on the shelf and used magic to get the next. Something about his magic felt familiar.

"Can I ask you something?" He randomly said. "Go ahead."

"What are your powers?" He said, seeming curious.

"Teleportation, conjuring, telepathy and illusion casting" you answered. "Yours?"

"Telepathy, mind reading, Astral projection, teleportation, Conjuring, illusion casting" He answered.

You nodded slightly. You both continued reading after that.

You hadn't noticed it was already evening. Your eyes started closing and you felt that familiar magic again as you fell into a nice, dreamless sleep.

You woke up with a soft blanket over you, cuddled on your side of the couch. No sign of Loki. But you knew it was his blanket. He covered you. You felt another feeling. One you haven't felt for a long time. Was it- no, it can't be. You promised yourself you won't love again.

You teleported the blanket to Loki's room, with a note that said Thank you, Lokes. Just then, Nat came in looking for you. "Y/n? Come on, we have a mission"