012: Scorose Oneshot

Start from the beginning

Long story short, she said to act like I enjoyed it. I didn't have to act.

The guy Rose was avoiding passed by, but we kept going at it long after that. It must've been three, maybe four minutes?

That's when Albus found us.

All we heard when Albus passed by was a faint, "Get a room you two!" Followed by a book getting thrown his direction, courtesy of Rose. He shouted back, "Oi! You two lovebirds should be reading these books, not throwing them at your helpless friend," he proclaimed as he picked it up from in front of his feet and tossed it back to Rose. "So you two finally figured it out huh?" Thankfully Rose looked just as confused as I did. Albus spoke again, "You know, that you two obviously like each other." Rose and I protested, trying to explain the situation before Albus cut us off with a heavy stare, "Stop arguing with me and go off and find a suitable place to snog yourselves to death."

We didn't do that. Instead, Rose and I stealthily avoided each other for six weeks after the incident before it was mostly forgotten. It would always be an awkward moment between us, but we were back to being normal best friends again.

Fifth Year

In fifth year I became a prefect, top of Herbology and Transfiguration. Rose was the other prefect from Gryffindor, top of everything else. She would've been top of Herbology too if she was able to stay awake. She loved Professor Longbottom, but it was our first class in the morning, and Rose did not take kindly to doing anything before 9:00 am. I was more of an early bird. Herbology was a breeze. Albus would've been a prefect, but he just didn't want to give detentions to all his friends. A big ol' softie, that one is.

On the train back to school for out fifth year, Rose and I walked up to the prefect's compartment, leaving Albus to find his Slytherin friends. We took a seat, glad to be some of the first there, so we could see who all arrived. Nobody we knew really well were prefects as well, but we were acquaintances with some. For example, Ani Laine, an American student whose muggle parents were from the states, but learned of Hogwarts when they discovered that Ani was a witch, and they moved to England. The person sitting next to Ani was her twin, Logan Laine, same backstory. There were a couple other faces that I could put to names, none of whom I knew very well. Rose and I slid into the seat next to Ani and Logan with a quick nod.

Soon, we were assigned patrolling times. Rose and I got 5 to 7 walking from the Transfiguration room to History of Magic halls. I looked over the list of times, "Well we certainly weren't the worst off. We could've been given Moaning Myrtle's toilet at midnight. Rose shivered slightly then nodded in agreement.

Seventh Year

Rose and I were patrolling the halls on our first year of Head girl/boy duty. We thought we heard a thump from the supply cupboard, so we went to investigate. We opened the door to find a cart full of toilet paper come whizzing past us and into the wall across the hall. We stepped inside carefully as to avoid any collisions. Just our luck, it was Peeves. He appeared in front of us with a cackle then disappeared, we heard a click from the door and realized that the ghost had locked us in. All I could manage was a simple, "Crap."

All of a sudden the door started banging, which made us both fall backwards. (Into quite a precarious situation I might add.) I landed on my back, and Rose spun around, trying to catch herself, but only managed to land on my chest. She propped her elbows up on either side of me and simply said, "Well this is quite the situation, isn't it." I replied with a nod. She kept talking, "The door is locked." All I said was, "Yep." Rose continued, "Could be half an hour till a teacher finds us." I agreed, "Maybe more." There was an awkward silence until I interjected, "I love your blue eyes."

And that's the story of how Professor Binns found Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy snogging in the supply closet, with their shirts almost over their heads.

We quickly composed ourselves, yanking our shirts back over our bodies and patting our hair into order, then shamefully following Binns to Headmistress McGonagall's office.

All I could think was that I was the Golden Boy. Prefect since fifth year. Head boy even. All O's, no detentions (alright, some detention. But only very rarely,) no enemies (alright, no bad enemies. Only little ones.) But despite all of that, I still ended up here. In a tricky situation and no one at my back. Some people got suspended for messing up. You can only imagine what will happen when I make my mistake. Quite a situation I'd gotten myself into. Boy, this'll be a doozy.

Alright, so I'm not completely alone. Rose was here too. But she was in just as much trouble as I was. I'm also sure that Albus is here in spirit somehow, laughing his arse off.

McGonagall looked down at us through her tiny spectacles. (How she saw with those, I had no idea.) The only idea I had at the moment was how thoroughly menacing they looked.

To our great surprise, and relief (obviously), McGonagall let us off with only a detention and a very stern warning, considering that nothing actually happened and we were very good students, and generally a great example to the rest of the school.

I'm a freaking magician. Did you guys see that? I just escaped near death. Oh, and I'm dating Rose Weasley. Which is a greater accomplishment than even that.