23. Norse Legends & Soulmarks

Back at Smith Motors, dawn was approaching. 

Erikstared as Jane quickly typed up the observations on her laptop. "Youdon't think that was an oridinary magnetic storm doyou?" 

"Look the lenses around these edges arecharacteristic of an Einstein-Rosen bridge?" Jane excitedly pointedat the calculations from the night before. I set Erik andJane's coffees down beside them, "Is that some sort ofportal?" 

"Theoretically, yes." Selvig still wasstaring at Jane his brow furrowed. 

"A wormhole if youwill." Jane spoke up after taking a sip of her coffee beforecontinuing her flurry of activity around to the printer where sheprinted the previous night's data. Jane took one of the diagrams andshowed it to Selvig, "It gets better. What do yousee?" 

"Stars." I poked my head over her shoulder gazing atthe star chart in her hand. "Yes, but not our stars."Jane showed another chart, "This is our quadrant this time of yearand unless Ursa Minor decided to take a day off then these aresomeone else's constellations." 

My theory about 'Thor' wasbecoming more and more plausible, my fingertips itched to call Rikkibut if I was right we could be flooded with MIBs at any moment. Mygaze looked over the paperwork she printed out before narrowing onsome pictures from inside the storm. "That's not all. Look atthese pics from the storm." I pointed to the man shaped shadow inthe storm's heart. 

"It can't be." Erik stared at the pic. 

"It seems we left something at the hospital." Jane'sgaze was determined and I knew she'd get to the bottom of this oneway or another.

We went to the hospital only to find his hospital bedempty. Then as we were leaving, Jane hit him with the van again. 

Sheran to his side helping him up, "I'm so sorry, I swear I'm notdoing this on purpose." 

We dropped by a thrift store to grab himsome new clothes before we took him back to Smith Motors. 

Thor lookedbetter in clean clothes. Not quite as he was depicted in legend, alot more buff and tall. 

"So if you are Thor, do you have abrother named Loki?"

 Thor stared at me, "You wieldedlightning." 

I ignored the possible insight he had and justtreated it as usual since both Jane and Erik would assume he wastalking about the taser. "Yeah sorry about that. You were ravingand it was dark." 

His eyes narrowed before he looked behind me atJane, "This mortal form grows weak, I need sustenance." Well he was surely arrogant as one would believe royalty mightbe. 

We took him to Isabelle's Diner and watched as hegulped down five Hungry Man breakfast specials. 

Jane tired ofwaiting as he finished up his last meal leaned forward, "How didyou get into that cloud?" 

Instead of responding to herquestion he grinned as he finished his coffee, "This drink. I likeit. Another!" Then smashed the mug on the ground. 

We all winced andapologized to Izzy before looking back at the brawnydude. 

I spoke cautiously, "We ask politely for anotherand don't smash cups here, even if we are royalty." 

Eriklooked at me with incredulous eyes but I ignored it. 

Thor's eyesnarrowed upon me, "You are aware of me?"

"I've heard of you.Stories passed down regarding the Asgardians." Mostlytrue.