-'CHAPTER 8 ⤑ DEATH TO THE SPIRIT'-

Start from the beginning

Dean and Sam share a look, Sam takes a step forward, and Evangeline's eyes meet Dean, a small agreement to let Sam handle it.

The two go back down to the basement as Sam approaches Lori.

Evangeline sweeps the room, making sure there is no hidden silver when a loud bang erupts from above.

“You hear that” she mutters.

Dean pauses as another loud bang erupts. He grabs his shotgun loaded with salt before tossing Evangeline a pistol.

Dean takes the lead, Eva follows close behind to see Sam and Lori on the ground, Sam clothes tattered with rips and cuts. Blood pooled from the young hunter’s arm as the tall hookman loomed over the two, his long hair tucked in his black hat as his signature hook resided on his arm.

Two loud shots rang out the Hookman dissipating with a flash.

Evangeline meets Lori's wide brown eyes as tears littered her cheeks.

“I thought we got all the silver” Sam heaves.

“So did I,” his brother's deep voice rumbles.

“Then why is he still here”.

“Maybe we missed something” Dean huffs.

Evangeline's eyes land on Lori's necklace, a silver looking cross.

Sam follows her eyes, turning to the brunette.

“Where did you get that chain?” Sam questions.

“My father gave it to me” she breathes.

“Where'd your dad get it?” Dean demands.

“He said it was a church heirloom” she sputters.

“Is it silver?” Sam shouted.

“Yes,” she answered.

Sam ripped the necklace off her chest in a swift movement just before a loud screeching noise fills the air.

All eyes turn to the sound, the wall no more than ten steps away scratched as if a hook were grazing it.

Dean and Sam lock eyes before Dean tosses Sam his shotgun, and Sam throws him the necklace.

Dean's footsteps boomed as he rushed to the basement while Sam started loading his gun.

Evangeline pointed toward the screeching, readying her gun.

The man suddenly appears slashing at Sam, knocking his gun to the ground.

Another shot rings out as Eva doesn't hesitate.

He disappears again as Sam heaves for air. It was mere seconds before he appeared again, throwing Evangeline back, her head banging on the wall, causing small black dots to fill her vision as the gun fell to the ground.

"No," Sam lunged forward, reaching for his fallen gun.

He brings his hook up as if about to slash her before he eventually starts to fade as if he were burning.

Evangeline slid down the wall, muttering a small “ow” at the sharp ache in her head.

“You okay” Sam heaves concern in his tone.

She raises her hand, putting a thumbs up before closing her eyes.

Dean eventually runs up, stopping and letting out a sigh of relief upon seeing everyone safe.

୭ 🧷 ✧ ˚. ᵎᵎ 🎀

“That's exactly what happened” The cop deadpanned.